Bonnet Release HELP!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Psycho Kirky
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Bonnet Release HELP!!!

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Hi all, im in need of some help as the bonnet release catch is slack and cannot be opened!

I have just fitted an uprated intercooler and had to remove the whole front end, which included disconnecting the bonnet release cable.

Everything went back together pretty much spot on and so did the cable, but after stupidly closing the bonnet I cannot open it at all and this scares me lol. I dont need to open it but you never know what might happen!!!!

If anyone knows of a way to open without going to a garage and paying that would be amazing!

Cheers, Kirky :D

Sent Via tapatalk
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Re: Bonnet Release HELP!!!

Post by Irvysan »

There is defo another thread on here where someone else did exactly the same thing except forgot to put the bonnet catch back on. I will try and find it

Sent from my phone
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Re: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED
by Baz2126 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:02 pm
All sorted green flag managed to sort it. Much thanks to Roy for sending the pictures, for future reference if anyone else manages to do this if u take out the trim inside the drivers wheel arch u will be able to get to the cable and give it a pull there.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ED#p167838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - here you go :)
Phil
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Roy_01 wrote:Re: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED
by Baz2126 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:02 pm
All sorted green flag managed to sort it. Much thanks to Roy for sending the pictures, for future reference if anyone else manages to do this if u take out the trim inside the drivers wheel arch u will be able to get to the cable and give it a pull there.
Tried that mate, didnt work unfortunately :'(' ' ' ' '

Sent Via tapatalk
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Riiiiiight then. Its all fixed now thanks to the thread saying to go through the drivers side wheel arch. Scraped my arm abit but worth it, cheers for the help everyone! :D

Sent Via tapatalk
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

That's the Same one as Roy posted ;) glad you got it sorted

Sent from my phone
P44RYT
In: Candy White
Options: Airlift Performance, Rotiform TMB 3piece 2&3" polished lips, Full 2015+ R Facelift, R-Line spec, Stage 1 remap, Black splitter & skirt extensions, Twin exit PowerFlow exhaust, Carbon Fibre diffuser, Full RamAir, Full interior & exterior white LEDs

Post by P44RYT »

Hi Guys

Sorry to wake this thread up again but i've got exactly the same problem! Removed headlight bracket including the bonnet cable clip, but then replaced everything as it was. Shut bonnet, a week later came to replace some headlight bulbs with xenons and bonnet wont open.

Removed bonnet release handle and drivers footwell trim and pulling on the cable doesn't work, neither does pushing on the bonnet while pulling it.

Completely stuck!
https://www.instagram.com/p44ryt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
froudeg
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver

Post by froudeg »

Sounds like its not connected back up on the clip join...

As above remove drivers side wheel and arch liner, you should be able to reach the cable from there.