Got mine - Some pics now added! - MORE PICS!!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Got mine - Some pics now added! - MORE PICS!!

Post by rehmondo »

If you saw a Candy White Scirocco on the M6 today then that was probably me! :hyper:

I got free mats, iPod cable had to ask the salesman to check his computer for more clarification, full tank of fuel, some engine oil and screen wash.

Original Spec: DSG, Leather, Winter Pack, Pan Sunroof, DAB, Parking and Tyre Sensors, Folding Mirrors
Extras: Alu Pedals, Premium Door Sills, Cruise Control

Will take plenty of pictures when I get a chance, tomorrow it will get the Jewelultra Diamondbrite treatment and by the time I finish work it will be dark again.

First thoughts and info for others.... Car is superb - drove it from Crewe back to Scotland, so many drivers and passengers turning heads on the M6 to see it!
Door Sills are deffo worth it, my 2nd Gen Ipod (2004) doesn't work with the iPod cable but my iPhone does! Didn't know this before but I do now the door mirrors have lights in them that point towards the door handles, very nice touch, this option is usually an extra on BMW's (but I am not sure if this is because my car has Folding Mirrors). The parking sensors work great too!
Last edited by rehmondo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Got mine!

Post by iroc »

Congrat's mate'

ENJOY
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

Congratulations - hope you enjoy it, looking foward to the pictures :)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Here are some photos, apologies in advance for the poor quality they were taken with my iPhone, plus it was really windy and started to rain, so I was in a rush - will take more at the weekend with a much better camera.

Things to look for... Candy White colour, Premium Door Sills, Alu Pedals, Prem Mats (Scirocco stitched at the side), in the dark you can see the light under the mirror, the display for the Park sensors, plus when the Mirrors are folded (will take daylight shots of this soon)

Folding Mirrors: Are not like on a Merc, they do not fold when you lock it with the key fob, you flick the switch internally before you exit the car and flick it back when you enter - electric but NOT automatic, but still a nice touch for the times you need it!

It appears not all generations of the iPod work with the cable my 2nd Gen (2004) is not compatible, according to the RNS 510 manual it appears the standard 6CD changer plays mp3 cds - will confirm this tomorrow!

Please note the camera does not have a flash so any lights you see in the night time shots are from the car.

The full set can be found on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94745586@N ... 304817984/

The yellow line in the display around the car represents an object (my house) getting closer when you reverse.
Last edited by rehmondo on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Looking good fella. Puddle lights must come with the folding mirrors.
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

ummm, I am going to have to seriously think about those still plates :D

Looks good!
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

iroc wrote:Looking good fella. Puddle lights must come with the folding mirrors.
Hmm puddle lights lol, I thought they were for the door key lock, but then it didnt have one and I got really confused.
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

adamj wrote:ummm, I am going to have to seriously think about those still plates :D

Looks good!

They look fab mate, adds more to the car honestly, bargain with them to get it free! But well worth it even if you pay, I promise Ill take better quality shots of them at the weekend, had to get these on quickly for ppl to see, as no one had posted them as of yet.
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Re: Got mine - Some pics now added!

Post by wullie636 »

The car looks the dogs danglers I have seen one in candy white in the showroom and it looks even better in the flesh one question though your mats are they the ones from the factory as listed in the brochure price 70 quid
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

wullie636 wrote:The car looks the dogs danglers I have seen one in candy white in the showroom and it looks even better in the flesh one question though your mats are they the ones from the factory as listed in the brochure price 70 quid
Thanks mate, not sure about the mats, the dealer threw them in for free, I can ask him tomorrow.
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

cheers mate if you wouldn't mine I got the mats from the factory and they don't have anything written on them it's just in case some little f***er at the dealer has switched them and put others in instead
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

The ones from the factory have scirocco on them. So it looks like yours have been swapped. :shock:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm13 ... 1224800854
Last edited by iroc on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Sure no probs mate, at the end of the day if yours arn't the premium ones and you ordered them then your entitled to get your money back!

I'll take closer and better pics in the morning, they are really nice and the fabric is smooth and very well stitched but i'm certain they won't last the Scottish winter therefore I might order the cheaper rubber ones and use them for the next few months.

The dealer up here made me not order them in my original spec, he said they were cheap and nasty, the ones I got with my car are superb and if mine are from the factory then I guess he didn't know what the factory ones would be like.
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

cheers I am going to call vw customer services tomorrow and see if they can confirm if the factory ones have scirocco written on them if so I will deal with the thief at the dealer
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

Contacted the dealer and vw customer service and both confirm that the ones from the factory are plain black and the dealer ones have scirocco written on them. Even vw found this strange that it should be the other way about so if anyone is thinking of ordering factory ones don't they are crap
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

its the little details but the rear parking graphics are superb, since my missus has had them on the golf her reversing is now excellant (no graphics though she has christened it batfink), my geek mates will be blown away by that feature, candy white looks stunning, the gti has a nice touch on the mirrors that you can set the passenger one to dip when you but it in reverse so you can see the kerb, curious whether the scirocco does, i blame the camera shake on excitement
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

andy wrote:i blame the camera shake on excitement
The camera in the iPhone is crap + we had gale-force winds yesterday = Medioker pics :(
rehmondo wrote:according to the RNS 510 manual it appears the standard 6CD changer plays mp3 cds - will confirm this tomorrow!
Yes it does! :clap:
andy wrote:the gti has a nice touch on the mirrors that you can set the passenger one to dip when you but it in reverse so you can see the kerb, curious whether the scirocco does
I'll check after lunch for you!
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

the gti has a nice touch on the mirrors that you can set the passenger one to dip when you but it in reverse so you can see the kerb, curious whether the scirocco does

It says in the manual that it does but I can’t find it in the MFD options. I find it quite hard to park along a kerb because without manually moving the mirror down I can’t naturally see the kerbline.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i'll have a look tomorrow when i get my mits on it, on the gti you have to turn the mirror adjustement to left before you put it in reverse, audi would have charged me a fortune for it, i did have to look in the mfd to turn it on
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Some more pics added to my flickr for wullie636 and adamj

ImageImageImage

2 of the mats and 1 of the sills (its wet here today so the sills have got a wee bit mucky but still look the dogs bits)

Check the url above for my flickr set to see those pics in a bigger size - again taken with iPhone so apologies for poor quality, if the weather dries up better ones coming this weekend!

risingblue1, not been able to check the reverse mirror dip thing, will try and work it at the weekend when I have more time.