Can you help please?
When I ordered my car, the deal that the dealer and I struck was I thought a fairly good one. We used another quote I had received from a lease company as a goal for them to reach, which they nearly did, so I ordered the car.
I rang them in the week to let them know that I wouldn’t need the finance that we had spoken about at the time of ordering, thinking that I have the legal right to pay by anything method that I want to, as things have turned around enough this year with work for me to pay for the car outright.
They said that the deal for the car was with their finance, and that they wouldn’t have given me such a good deal (£1500 off, not as good as some on here) if they had known I wanted to pay outright. So I am now waiting for them to decide what to do, and of course they are taking their royal time.
QUESTION: where do I stand with regards to the deal I struck with the car and cancelling the finance?
NOTE: This was the first time that I have ever looked at getting finance, so knew nothing about it; at no time did they say that the deal was only finance related; I only received the finance quotation on the 10th Feb after much pestering them for it (car ordered in November); and I have no finance contract in the bumph they gave me at the time. All I have is the invoice, which does have a figure for the finance company to pay.
Any advice greatly appreciated
