Front bumper removal?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Front bumper removal?

Post by Mr OCD »

The Wife managed to scrape my front bumper ... It's also full of stone chips so I thought would get it painted ...

Now I'd like to clean behind bumper and fit new lights so I thought would take bumper off to supply to Bodyshop ...

They are fine with that, but how much of a job is it to remove?
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
mackie01
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19''Black Luganos, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Leather Seats, Bluetooth, RNS510, Mudflaps, Dynaudio, Bootliner, Pressed Plates
And a few other mods viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20294

Re: Front bumper removal?

Post by mackie01 »

The front of the car is easy enough to remove, I've never had any mechanical experience or that and I managed it on my own. The only tool you'll need is a t25 torx screwdriver. And I used 2 car jacks to raise the front up and get at the screws underneath. You'll need to know how to take the fog surrounds out and then take the bulbs out the fogs and sidelights/indicator. I started with the screws underneath then put the car back down, turned the wheel to the side to undo the 3 in the wheel arch and the one holding it to the front wing, popped the hood and undone the 4 at the front of the engine bay. Then its just a couple of clips holding it on, but a bit of force will take it off
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Cheers :)
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
wensleydale
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue

Post by wensleydale »

Just to add to Mackie's description, the screw holding the bumper to the wing is behind the wheel arch liner, but there is enough play to pull the liner out of the way to gain access.
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Worth getting the grill inserts painted whilst the bumper is off?
Masdar
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by Masdar »

Hello. I found an illustrated bumper removal guide here: https://remont-bampera.com/en/vw-scirocco
Hope it helps someone.