Does the rns 310 display phone book menu on the mfd

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Does the rns 310 display phone book menu on the mfd

Post by toplad »

I'm just wondering if you can use the phone buttons to bring the phone menu on the mfd.

I've just installed an RNS 315 and it doesn't show up any phone menu's on the mfd, I think it's coded properly as everything works as it should, compass, nav, song's etc.
I have a 2010 scirocco R which previously had an RNS 310
P44RYT
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Airlift Performance, Rotiform TMB 3piece 2&3" polished lips, Full 2015+ R Facelift, R-Line spec, Stage 1 remap, Black splitter & skirt extensions, Twin exit PowerFlow exhaust, Carbon Fibre diffuser, Full RamAir, Full interior & exterior white LEDs

Re: Does the rns 310 display phone book menu on the mfd

Post by P44RYT »

I have an RNS315 in mine and from the MFD I can open my phone book, scroll through them all and choose one to call. If you press the phone button on your steering wheel, it will take you to that menu then just press up/down to go further into the phone menu.

Obviously make sure your phone is connected to it via Bluetooth, and then make sure it has sync'd with the car and downloaded your contacts

Tom
https://www.instagram.com/p44ryt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IamSteveLyons
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box

Post by IamSteveLyons »

Yes I retro fitted my 315. The mute button is now voice activation and I have s phone menu on MFD. You need to activate it with vag com.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by toplad »

Thanks guys

Sounds like it's not coded properly, the phone button ends and redials the last number.
I'm unable to find the correct part of vag com to alter, my mate has the software but has no experience of doing it
IamSteveLyons
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box

Post by IamSteveLyons »

Yes phone button should do that but the button with microphone on it is for voice dialing (PTT) push to talk.
If it's not coded it just mutes the radio

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
P44RYT
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Airlift Performance, Rotiform TMB 3piece 2&3" polished lips, Full 2015+ R Facelift, R-Line spec, Stage 1 remap, Black splitter & skirt extensions, Twin exit PowerFlow exhaust, Carbon Fibre diffuser, Full RamAir, Full interior & exterior white LEDs

Post by P44RYT »

IamSteveLyons wrote:Yes phone button should do that but the button with microphone on it is for voice dialing (PTT) push to talk.
If it's not coded it just mutes the radio
Always wondered why mine doesn't have PTT.. its a 2013(62) R-Line, and all my microphone button does it mute. Raised it with VW a few times but they said thats how it is.
Is it really as simple as unlocking it with Vcds??
https://www.instagram.com/p44ryt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;