Make my R louder

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jdrocco123
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Nothing as of yet

Make my R louder

Post by Jdrocco123 »

Hi everyone,

Anyone got any mods to make my R just that little bit louder. Don't want to go to the extent of a new exhaust or anything like that, just seeing if there was anything I could buy for say under £300 pound mark to make it a bit of a louder and nicer sound.
mattyfitz
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Make my R louder

Post by mattyfitz »

You can get the center baffle cut out and replaced for normal pipe, lots of threads on here for it. Plus you can do a flapper mod. Again lots of threads on here
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

for 100quid you could buy a downpipe. that will give it a nice sound
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

R stock exhaust is well done IMO

No drone
Deep bassy sound without sounding like a fart cannon.

If I so much as tickle the throttle down a street its not unusual for people to turn around to see what is coming.

You'd be surprised the volume you hear in the car certainly isn't what is heard outside. I've made some poor souls jump before when getting on it from a crawl in the peak district haha
Tymondo
In: Deep Black
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

3t3p wrote:R stock exhaust is well done IMO

No drone
Deep bassy sound without sounding like a fart cannon.

If I so much as tickle the throttle down a street its not unusual for people to turn around to see what is coming.

You'd be surprised the volume you hear in the car certainly isn't what is heard outside. I've made some poor souls jump before when getting on it from a crawl in the peak district haha
Agreed. I think it's a good compromise I'm not sure I would want mine any louder, especially if you get in late all the neighbours would be pissed off.

I see a lot about the flapper mod, I've just asked my garage I use to disable it too see if I notice a difference in any way
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

l-plate

Post by l-plate »

If you just want it louder from the cabin, then removing parcel shelf and dropping the back seats down give a no cost increase in volume... :)
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

The best sound I found was a decat pipe and center silencer delete and standard cat back section.
Very quiet driving but sounded evil on boost.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

xjay1337 wrote:The best sound I found was a decat pipe and center silencer delete and standard cat back section.
Very quiet driving but sounded evil on boost.
Pretty much my old setup - was brilliant and thoroughly recommend with the flapper mod. Only reason i changed was i wanted the full system before my remap
Phil
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

chop the rear silencer out, straight pipe it. keeps the R burble and overrun boomfs, and gets louder after 4k revs, not droney. love mine, £50.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
123hjms
In: Pure White

Post by 123hjms »

Does anybody have a link on how to do the flapper mod please? Just had my R delivered about an hour ago and wouldn't mind doing it asap. The only link I can find is someone using crocodile clips but apparently this could damage the solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

As above, I also want to know how to do it also. i.e, do you have the engine on/off whilst doing it etc?

Had mine since Monday, as much as it sounds brilliant, a little more noise wouldn't hurt :)