Colour Choice - Ultra Violet?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
CleanDiesel
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Re: Colour Choice - Ultra Violet?

Post by CleanDiesel »

Personally I don't like the purple, I saw two in it over the last week and really didn't think it looked good.

I ordered mine in white on a whim then noticed I was seeing white sciroccos everywhere. I couldn't choose between white and Gray but chose white after wanting a white car for a long time and never had one.

I want Gray now. It looks brilliant on the one I saw in the showroom and I haven't seen one on the road yet.

What's so special about the expensive onyx(?) white? Is it a sort of multi tone pearlescent?
smilesapart
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control.
Electric Panoramic Glass Roof.
Rear View Camera.
Electric Folding Mirrors.
90% Heat Insulated Tinted Glass.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

Yes the Onyx White is very pearlescent and metallic = it looks very nice on the sample but haven't seen it on a car.

After all the messing about - in the end I changed my order to metallic grey and then drove home and noticed almost every car on the road was black, grey or silver and with my current car (Ford Puma) also being metallic Grey I rang the dealer straight back and changed back to Ultra Violet!!

Now for some reason I feel really comfortable with the colour. Weird!
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

smilesapart wrote:Yes the Onyx White is very pearlescent and metallic = it looks very nice on the sample but haven't seen it on a car.

After all the messing about - in the end I changed my order to metallic grey and then drove home and noticed almost every car on the road was black, grey or silver and with my current car (Ford Puma) also being metallic Grey I rang the dealer straight back and changed back to Ultra Violet!!

Now for some reason I feel really comfortable with the colour. Weird!
You wont regret it, better to be different!
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

At least it's not white... I still cant bring myself to want/like a white motor...

Any pictures of an ultraViolet scirocco?! Is the colour off the spectrum? ;)

Edit: Seen a picture on the previous page..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I still think the Oak colour is one of the best
smilesapart
Rear View Camera.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

Yes the Oak colour is very nice indeed but as we the only other Scirocco colours I like - it's not available on the R Line!!!
Mij
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box

Post by Mij »

Purple looks incredible in the flesh IMO. I have always liked Midnight purple on the various Skyline variants.
dantheleedsfan
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by dantheleedsfan »

My Rocco is Ultra Violet, very worried when i first ordered but haven't regretted it at all since picking up the car. Get's so many looks when driving about especially on a sunny day.
PaulGL79
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
Options: 18 inch interlargos wheels, DAB Radio

Post by PaulGL79 »

Seen a few UVs around now it really suits the facelift model. the grey suits the car really well too. I bought candy white over 4years ago, love the colour but now I can't seem to get viper green out my head, I wasn't outgoing enough at the time to get that colour .
CleanDiesel
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Post by CleanDiesel »

Just changed mine from white to Iridium gray. Think it will look great with smoked lights and anthracite wheels and a few other bits and bobs.
JonSchick
In: Night Blue
Options: GT with cruise control

Post by JonSchick »

Night Blue for me. I found choosing the colour really difficult.... it's replacing a white Polo and although it looks good I don't particularly want another white car (besides you see a lot of white Scirocco's). I quite like Flash Red but find it just a bit too....flash, at least for the long term as I'm planning on keeping the car for several years. Viper Green looks great if you're a lot braver than me (and I think I'd say the same about UV). I do like them in Rising Blue but in the end went for Night Blue even though I'd never seen one in the flesh. I worried about that until finally I saw one in a dealer last weekend and thought it looked great, better than I hoped actually. I suspect it'll need a lot of maintenance....the kind of colour that'll look rubbish when it's dirty whereas the silvers and greys are probably more forgiving, but I'm happy with the choice.

I've been advised that the next load of Scirocco's are scheduled for build week 45 so I'm hoping mine will be one of them as the order has been with the factory for a little while now!
smilesapart
Rear View Camera.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

johnschick that is a lovely blue - they had one in my local showroom when I ordered mine and it looked very classy. That colour yet again was not available on the R Line either - along with the Red or the Oak.

I think all the dark colours will need a lot of keeping clean for the car to look good, UV included.
smilesapart
Rear View Camera.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

Cleandiesel the car doesn't come with smoked back lights does it? What model are you buying? I want smoked back lights!!!
CleanDiesel

Post by CleanDiesel »

I'll do it myself it's easily done just a thin layer of black paint. I'd darken the headlights and get rid of the Orange indicator covers on the front bumper too. Then a splitter on the front and get the wheels redone in anthracite or buy some new ones. Will look smart.
JonSchick

Post by JonSchick »

smilesapart wrote:johnschick that is a lovely blue - they had one in my local showroom when I ordered mine and it looked very classy. That colour yet again was not available on the R Line either - along with the Red or the Oak.

I think all the dark colours will need a lot of keeping clean for the car to look good, UV included.
Good to hear I'm not the only one who likes it then! Just wishing they could actually build the thing now!
Cheers, Jon
Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Dazarooni »

JonSchick wrote:
smilesapart wrote:johnschick that is a lovely blue - they had one in my local showroom when I ordered mine and it looked very classy. That colour yet again was not available on the R Line either - along with the Red or the Oak.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who likes it then! Just wishing they could actually build the thing now!
Cheers, Jon
I'm hoping to get my hands on my flash red scirocco next week. Before I made my order, I deliberated between candy white and flash red. I have a flash red Polo and love the colour. I thought the white colour would be something different but noticed how many white rocs were on the road. I looked at pictures of the flash red roc on google and thought it looked stunning. Added to that, I have not seen a single flash red roc on the roads yet. It's a new colour and is only offered on 2 of the 4 Scirocco models. Having taken all this on board it was an easy decision in the end! I can't wait to get my hands on it :D
JonSchick

Post by JonSchick »

I've seen one at the dealer in Bromley in Flash Red and it did look very good. If I hadn't gone for the Night Blue, the red would have been my choice - I was just worried about how much stick I'd get from my kids if I got a flash red Scirocco shortly after my 50th birthday :-) They think I'm sad and old enough already....
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

JonSchick wrote:I've seen one at the dealer in Bromley in Flash Red and it did look very good. If I hadn't gone for the Night Blue, the red would have been my choice - I was just worried about how much stick I'd get from my kids if I got a flash red Scirocco shortly after my 50th birthday :-) They think I'm sad and old enough already....
Haha, kids know best they say! I think these kids need to be real nice to you if they're to be allowed in your Scirocco
;)
JonSchick

Post by JonSchick »

One has passed the test and the other is learning to drive - so going in the Scirocco is soooo not going to happen unless I'm there too!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I don't have kids, just me! Any passengers will have to go in the boot...
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I saw a UV one yesterday, from a distance it looked black and then I noticed the colour as it came closer. Not too sure, but it does look slick in many ways