Nextbase 402G Dashcam - Hiding Wires

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Nextbase 402G Dashcam - Hiding Wires

Post by TriGGER »

I just bought a Dashcam and I have it temporarily below the mirror but I was wondering where other people have installed it. Maybe to the side/ of the mirror?

My next question is, has anyone managed to hide the wiring behind the trim. For instance I would like to go around the top of the windscreen down the side on the right. I know there are ways of connecting it into the fusebox which leads me on to my next question.

If the dash cam was installed to the fusebox will this not continue to drain the battery as it would be permanently on?
If not can anyone advise where a good clear set of instructions on installing it to the fusebox can be found?
MissVW82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Tuned 300hp,
intake & exhaust adaptation,
Lowered/KW kit,
Alloys,
Private Plate,
Debadged except black VW,
Winter pack,
Cruise,
Leather,
DAB,
Dynaudio sound system.

Re: Nextbase 402G Dashcam - Hiding Wires

Post by MissVW82 »

TriGGER wrote:I just bought a Dashcam and I have it temporarily below the mirror but I was wondering where other people have installed it. Maybe to the side/ of the mirror?

My next question is, has anyone managed to hide the wiring behind the trim. For instance I would like to go around the top of the windscreen down the side on the right. I know there are ways of connecting it into the fusebox which leads me on to my next question.

If the dash cam was installed to the fusebox will this not continue to drain the battery as it would be permanently on?
If not can anyone advise where a good clear set of instructions on installing it to the fusebox can be found?
I've just bought a Dash Cam, I want to hard wire it in to the car. Got the parts (piggy back fuse etc.). How did you get on? Any advice please? Long shot I know but . . any pictures? :)
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

You could wire it to a switched live rather than a permanent . plenty of people retro fit BT and the mic is next to the map light so it can be done

Sent from my phone
MissVW82
Lowered/KW kit,
Alloys,
Private Plate,
Winter pack,
Cruise,
Leather,
DAB,
Dynaudio sound system.

Post by MissVW82 »

Irvysan wrote:You could wire it to a switched live rather than a permanent . plenty of people retro fit BT and the mic is next to the map light so it can be done

Sent from my phone
Thank you. Switched would be fine as I won't be leaving it in the car over night.
Hiding the wiring is my goal/challenge at the moment, I want to put it through the dash, coming out at the bottom of the windscreen and up the side, across to being the rear view mirror for a central location.
I think I can see where it needs go, just looking for some recommendations before I do it.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

The original mic clips in next to the map light at the slotted plastic bit

Sent from my phone
MissVW82
Lowered/KW kit,
Alloys,
Private Plate,
Winter pack,
Cruise,
Leather,
DAB,
Dynaudio sound system.

Dashcam - Hiding Wires

Post by MissVW82 »

Thank you. Again

Links to the part I purchased if anyone is interested.

£3.60 Vktech® Dash Cam Hard Wire Kit for Car Vehicle DVR Camera Video Recorder 5V 1500mA (Mini Port)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£1.60 seguryy 12V 20A ACU Middle Standard Flat Fuses for Car Parts
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tommy
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

I put mine behind the rear view mirror and tuck the usb (green - I know... very subtle! :lol:) cable to the trim and round down the A pillar and behind the door seal to the fuse box. There is a great guide on the forum http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ox#p154549 and http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =25&t=7403regarding the fuse box slots etc. :yes:

MissVW82
Lowered/KW kit,
Alloys,
Private Plate,
Winter pack,
Cruise,
Leather,
DAB,
Dynaudio sound system.

Post by MissVW82 »

tommy wrote:I put mine behind the rear view mirror and tuck the usb (green - I know... very subtle! :lol:) cable to the trim and round down the A pillar and behind the door seal to the fuse box. There is a great guide on the forum regarding the fuse box slots etc. :yes:
Thank you :yes:
MissVW82
Lowered/KW kit,
Alloys,
Private Plate,
Winter pack,
Cruise,
Leather,
DAB,
Dynaudio sound system.

Post by MissVW82 »

MissVW82 wrote:
tommy wrote:I put mine behind the rear view mirror and tuck the usb (green - I know... very subtle! :lol:) cable to the trim and round down the A pillar and behind the door seal to the fuse box. There is a great guide on the forum regarding the fuse box slots etc. :yes:
Did you remove the A pillar air bag cover?
tommy
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

MissVW82 wrote:
MissVW82 wrote:
Did you remove the A pillar air bag cover?
I just peel the edge of the cover off slightly - you should be able to just slide the USB cable between the gap.