Chips Away - are they any good?

greeper
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Chips Away - are they any good?

Post by greeper »

Hi,

My Fiancée's Fiat 500 has been keyed along the passenger door today just under the window :grumpy: - it has gone through to the undercoat in several places - has anyone used Chips Away and if so are they any good?

Thanks
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Chips Away - are they any good?

Post by wigit »

greeper where u based as someone may no a decent body chop in your area, i know they did a good job on LCMs but i suppose its down to the man in the van, i love fiat 500s
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
greeper
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

It is really gutting - she loves her car.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i see northants on the profile so a few may know people
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

Chips away were part of the "MYHOME" group that went bust last year. Not sure if they are still operating or not. I am sure Ryan will be best placed to advise as he works in a bodyshop but my guess is if its a long line down to the undercoat/primer then the man in the van style repair will not be good enough. better to spend the extra and get it done properly in a paintshop.
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
Oldman
In: Shadow Blue
Options: elec. mirrors, parking sensors, debadge, premium sills/mats, cruise

Post by Oldman »

Have used them 3 times in the past year with good results. They franchise to a self-employed man-in-a-van I think and the guy in Mid-Sussex here was excellent. You'll pay £150-£250.- for 2 to 3 scrapes that you definitely wouldn't tackle yourself. He was all set up with infra-red heaters etc. to cure the filler/dry the paint. Pretty impressive stuff.
chr15
With a: Manual box

Post by chr15 »

It all comes down to the bloke who does it, some can be brilliant and others not so good. Maybe contact your local guy and ask if he has any referances?