MFD keeps resetting

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
CRK266
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: K&N Typhoon Intake, Turbo-back Milltek Exhaust system, Airtec FMIC, AMD Stage 2 Remap.

MFD keeps resetting

Post by CRK266 »

It doesn't do it after every journey, but every so often I will park up, key off the engine, remove the key and the computer just goes dead, the windows don't drop to allow the door to be opened without contacting the sill.
I then have to wait for the computer to sort itself out before I can do anything with the car, even then I have to cycle the windows up and down manually in order to "teach" it how to drop the windows at the click of a button, the traction control light also comes on and the time resets.

Anyone got any ideas?
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Re: MFD keeps resetting

Post by uklee »

intermittent faults are always a bugger to try and trace - on the face of it , it sounds like it could be something as simple as a bad earth .
Then again , modern vehicle electrics can be notoriously complicated - i guess your first step should be a fault code read using vcds and see if that pops up any clues.

Good luck with tracking it down

Lee
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

First thing I would look at is the battery. Low battery voltage can cause any number of issues on these cars. Give it a charge overnight or give the car a good run with.minimum demand on the electrics.

Short journeys, cold mornings can be tough for a car battery, especially if you use heated rear window, heated mirrors and heated seats.
CRK266
With a: DSG box
Options: K&N Typhoon Intake, Turbo-back Milltek Exhaust system, Airtec FMIC, AMD Stage 2 Remap.

Post by CRK266 »

Cheers for the replies, gonna have it checked through VCDS when I get a chance.

It may be the battery; though I am driving up to Southport from Essex every 7 days so the cars getting a nice little run at least twice a week and I'm quite conservative with the heated seats etc. ^^

Will post if I find anything new
Mikede123
Options: None

Post by Mikede123 »

Hi guys. I realise this is an old post but just wondering if you managed to fix this issue? I'm having very similar issues like when I take my key out of the ignition my windows don't drop and the MFD completely resets itself then all the warning lights come on as if the battery has been disconnected. The OBD is also storing alot of codes to do with the electrics like abs and stereo ect even though these all seem to work OK, but the headlights/indicators are very temperamental. I also had a fuse blow and completely melt the terminal under the bonnet which i have now had to change the whole fuse tray. Hoping someone could shed some light? P.s the grounds seem fine. Could it be a faulty BCM?
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

Mikede123 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm Hi guys. I realise this is an old post but just wondering if you managed to fix this issue? I'm having very similar issues like when I take my key out of the ignition my windows don't drop and the MFD completely resets itself then all the warning lights come on as if the battery has been disconnected. The OBD is also storing alot of codes to do with the electrics like abs and stereo ect even though these all seem to work OK, but the headlights/indicators are very temperamental. I also had a fuse blow and completely melt the terminal under the bonnet which i have now had to change the whole fuse tray. Hoping someone could shed some light? P.s the grounds seem fine. Could it be a faulty BCM?
Fuse box melting aside sounds more like low voltage to me, maybe a battery issue?