Black dots on white scirocco?

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: Black dots on white scirocco?

Post by Stu13R »

x.laura.x wrote:i find auto finesse iron x is the best stuff, spray it on, wait till it goes purple then wash it off, the purple shows you how much tar is actually on the paintwork....
I used this product at the weekend and was better than the car plan tar remover I got from Halfords.

I'm still a detailing newb compared to the guys on here and agree there's never too much advice.
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: Black dots on white scirocco?

Post by Paddy_R »

Stu13R wrote:
x.laura.x wrote:i find auto finesse iron x is the best stuff, spray it on, wait till it goes purple then wash it off, the purple shows you how much tar is actually on the paintwork....
I used this product at the weekend and was better than the car plan tar remover I got from Halfords.

I'm still a detailing newb compared to the guys on here and agree there's never too much advice.
Iron out is Auto Finesses iron remover, their tar remover is ObliTARate. Both very different products. Iron X is a fallout remover by a different company (CarPro). The one that causes the purple is a fall out remover, they all do it no matter who's you buy (CarPro, Auto Finesse , Wolf's, Sonax etc) as it due to a chemical reaction and they all use the same active ingredient hence the same reaction.

Black dots are most likely to be tar as stated. The best thing to remove this is Tardis by AutoSmart. It's a spray on, leave a few mins and wipe off product (you can wash off but a wipe with a microfiber works better in my experience). Other products are available but Tardis works the best. The cheapest product and easiest to get is actually petrol which works surprising well for tar removal. Best used via a cloth though as it evaporates too quickly if sprayed.

Both a fall out remover and a far remover should be used before a clay bar is used because if you don't you fun the risk of picking up something then dragging it over your car causing damage. And remember your clay should be nearly clean after use as your supposed to be picking up bits missed by the other two which if done properly shouldn't be much if anything.