Mortyy's deep black TDI

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Mortyy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Mortyy's deep black TDI

Post by Mortyy »

Hi everyone!

I have lurked around here for some time, ever since I saw a scirocco at my local dealership. And I just have to say one thing before I go start with my little long term project, WOW. sooo many fine rocs here on the forum. Just a pity that almost all are in the UK or elsewhere in the eu ...

I had my old car on routine service at my local dealership in early December last year.

Throwing in a pic of the old one aswell here ;)

An 1.2 tsi Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 105hp chipped to 140hp, it was a mean little gocart that one.. did some work with it too, aftermarket HIDkit, Pioneer player AVH-3600DAB with rearview cam etc. nice little thing.

back to the story though...
My father had been inside with his Skoda fabia few weeks before and said it was a very pretty car that would fit me downstairs at the dealer. So when i had my old car for the service, of course i had to take a look at it while i was waiting. and there it stood, in the farthest corner. An 2012 VW Scirocco 2.0tdi dsg with 38.000km on the clock, took it out for a spin and it was an amaaaazing experience.
I came back to the dealer, told him i was interested and some weeks later.. it was MINE!!! :D

December 23rd, a present for my self was in the driveway. and i could not be more stoked!

here is a pick from the dealership:

I got it home and it was not long until i had it remapped. according to the dealer bsr-tuning.no i went from 140hp - 191hp and 327nm - 431nm. i have not confirmed this yet on a dyno, but i will some day :)

while i was remapping the car, i went ahead and bought my self an KN panel filter also so went ahead and installed this one as well.
on my way back from bsr i drove by an carparts-shop, bought some LED's and installed LED's in rear licence plate and in the backseat (they where out of LED's for the front interior lights :( )
Installed them and went home with a big smile on my face.. amazing difference from the tuning!!

Well here is a little list of what came with car:
- 18" BBS summer wheels
- 17" Winter (cant recall the brand, the Germans wouldn't send up a set of originals apparently so i bought some rims from a friend and made the dealership pay for them ;) )
- Dynaudio
- RCN510dab
- Defa-link, got it included in the price
- Rainsensor
- DSG
- MDI cables for USB and iPhone 5/6

After some weeks i had to do something more though.. and i know what im gonna do with car from now on, but im open for suggestions as well ;)

i bought a second hand Milltek Sport rear muffler (i guess its called?? :shrug: )

got a mates little brother to help me sort it out.
out with the old!
in with the milltek

what i did not expect was that The muffler The guy in The green coveralls was the only muffler on the car and still it is so damn quiet!! why? anyone?.. ??

well.. i saw some cars on the forum that had gloss black interior trimmings, and i wanted that my self so i went ahead and did that too..

well.. enough talk for now.. did a little shoot with my iPhone, sorry for the dirty car. but i cleaned it this weekend, the salty norwegian roads are *insert an appropriate word* up to drive around on and keeping your car clean.

guess i gotta go fuel now!!

- Mortyy!
Last edited by Mortyy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mortyy

Re: Mortyy's deep black TDI

Post by Mortyy »

Plans

- Upgrading the headunit to an RNS510dab+ - DONE
- Lowering the car, its so high!!
- Perhaps rearview cam - retrofit
- Bluetooth module - retrofit
- CruiseControl - retrofit
- R styling perhaps?
- And maybe.. Just MAYBE convert the halogens to OEM 2014 xenon with the ledstrip if i can find a propper guide around the great sea of information - also called the internet!

- Mortyy!
Last edited by Mortyy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Very nice car - quite impressive jump in power from a 140!! How does the milltek sound on a diesel? I knew they were available but not seen one until now
Phil
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

philjay92 wrote:Very nice car - quite impressive jump in power from a 140!! How does the milltek sound on a diesel? I knew they were available but not seen one until now
Thanks! Yeah i thought so as well, but im quite pleased :) the milltek sounds actually just like normal :( i was actually expecting much more sound, especially when i saw that that milltek was the only muffler on the car..
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Guess i just bought a new part from the big bay of e.. lets see what that is when it arrives! cant wait! :D
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Time for a little update. Recived one of The three packages today, and The little kid i am i just had to get it on right away!

Its one of those auto open bootlid springs. 18 € on the german ebay.

unfortunately it did not work propperly. If i touch it, it will open half way after unlocking the bootlid. So i will have to Do some research on this!
My trustworthy mascot and helper lended a hand today aswell!

Just wait for The last two packages now [emoji16]

- Mortyy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Time for a small update 2.0?

New package arrived yesterday evening!!

Hmm.. Package = open it up = much joy = feel like a kid on Christmas!!

OMG!
Package inside The package!

Gonna try to install it tomorrow :) veeeeery excited!!

- Mortyy!

Bowser
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

The reason your exhaust is so quiet is unfortunately because it's a diesel. The only way to get any true noise out of a diesel is to remove the catalytic converter/diesel particle filter. Both will mean you will fail an MOT here in the UK though. I have the same exhaust system on my 2.0tsi and the noise is brilliant. The only other thing you could do to help noise are intake modifications. Such as an open cone air filter. You'll get a satisfying woooosh and chatter on let off, and maybe a bit more growl under acceleration
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Bowser wrote:The reason your exhaust is so quiet is unfortunately because it's a diesel. The only way to get any true noise out of a diesel is to remove the catalytic converter/diesel particle filter. Both will mean you will fail an MOT here in the UK though. I have the same exhaust system on my 2.0tsi and the noise is brilliant. The only other thing you could do to help noise are intake modifications. Such as an open cone air filter. You'll get a satisfying woooosh and chatter on let off, and maybe a bit more growl under acceleration
MOT is like The eu-controll here in norway more or less then. So then i will have to get a new downpipe etc?
I have an k&n panelfilter now, but not much difference. Hmm. Well thanks for answer Bowser :)

Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Bowser wrote: The reason your exhaust is so quiet is unfortunately because it's a diesel. The only way to get any true noise out of a diesel is to remove the catalytic converter/diesel particle filter. Both will mean you will fail an MOT here in the UK though. I have the same exhaust system on my 2.0tsi and the noise is brilliant. The only other thing you could do to help noise are intake modifications. Such as an open cone air filter. You'll get a satisfying woooosh and chatter on let off, and maybe a bit more growl under acceleration
MOT is like The eu-controll here in norway more or less then. So then i will have to get a new downpipe etc?
I have an k&n panelfilter now, but not much difference. Hmm. Well thanks for answer Bowser :)

Bowser
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

You could maybe gets a sports cat downpipe that would fit, it would free up a few more revs but also still be legal, and maybe give you a bit more noise. Either that or has a straight pipe from the cat back, it's never going to be overly loud if you left the stock cat in place
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Bowser wrote: You could maybe gets a sports cat downpipe that would fit, it would free up a few more revs but also still be legal, and maybe give you a bit more noise. Either that or has a straight pipe from the cat back, it's never going to be overly loud if you left the stock cat in place
Now it is staightpipe, i guess. Stock cat yes. Question is: is it worth the expence? I actually (when ive gotten used to it) enjoy the sound atm. Nice engine sound when i push the padel to the floor and still quiet when im just cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

If i where going to replace cat and downpipe, where would you reccon i should buy these? Link perhaps? :)

Bowser
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Mortyy wrote:If i where going to replace cat and downpipe, where would you reccon i should buy these? Link perhaps? :)
http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/sciroc ... t=Exhausts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Thanks Bowser :)

Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Soo.. better make a little update then! :)

I was at a birthdayparty for my uncle and my grandmother on sunday. and sunday is a fun day, soo i had to do something fun aswell i guess.
i installed the smokers pack its called here i think

before:

after:

as you can see i moved the traction controll button aswell. i never use it here on these roads anyway, and if i need it its just a centimeter further away. i think it looks more decent there anyhow.

i even took a quick wash to get of some of the salts

and i got to love my tuning, i went from a consumption of 6.0L/100km to this:

i reckon it is a good deal? :P

well.. i was at work yesterday when i got a text message from my flatmates girlfriend. She told me that she received a package for me and that she had put it in my floor in the house. (yes, my mate and his GF lives downstairs, and i have a whole floor for my self :P )

so, i got home to this!

what's this?

just an 2014 RNS 510 dab+. nice little upgrade from the RCD510dab i think
here it is, installed in all its greatness!

and when i cleaned the car for the install of the smokers pack i found the K&N sticker from the panelfilter :P

hope you enjoy this update. and please.. tell me what more i can do that you think i should do! i am very open for suggestion.
next thing is lowering springs ofc. but what more?

- Mortyy!
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Mortyy wrote: Image
Where did you get this from mate - this is exactly what ive been after, not that ive been looking very well :shake:
Phil
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

philjay92 wrote:
Mortyy wrote: Image
Where did you get this from mate - this is exactly what ive been after, not that ive been looking very well :shake:
Hey mate. I found it The german ebay a night i couldnt sleep. Ill see If i can find The dealer for you and post a link :)

Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Came home from work today, very nice sunny weather after along time of rain, snow, and a good mix of both. In addition its abit windy (orcane, storm etc) so i gave it a quick wash today. Photos will spreak for themselves.

Before:

After:

Some of my products.

Not to happy with the soap i used today.. Need to replace it! Recommendations?
Im gonna buy and try some poorboy and some chemical guys. Different kinds of snow foams, sealants and waxes.

Oh yeah.. By The way.. Streetmeet 2. Day of easter (here in Bergen with The local streetcar show) so.. Got a surprice for you guys by then :) stay tuned!

- Mortyy!

timmynails

Post by timmynails »

Hi mate. How did you do the gloss interior trim? Vinyl?