Diseasal question

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
stan_blade
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Diseasal question

Post by stan_blade »

Hello all,

I test drove a Scirocco two weeks back and I was very impressed.
I currently drive a mk1 Leon Cupra Tdi and I love the torque and the MPG as I do about 16k private miles per year.

My question is... should I go for the petrol or diesel? :?
I know the diesel GT is £500 cheaper over the petrol, I dont mind so much about that... Its the extra £500 (estimated) cost of petrol per year.

Is it worth it? please help :?

cheers

Stan
Bagwafu
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Re: Diseasal question

Post by Bagwafu »

60 BHP less until the Common Rail 170 comes out, and petrol (at the moment) is relatively cheap compared to diesel.

So you'll have to do the maths based on MPG and miles driven etc, then decide whether you need (or want :D ) the extra power the petrol gives you.

Good luck deciding, not an easy choice.
stan_blade
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.

Post by stan_blade »

yes price of petrol is realy attractive at the moment.....
I'm surprised though the 170 CR version isn't available when it is already in the audi TT and skoda octavia. :mad:
I might have to toss a coin to decide.
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Post by Bagwafu »

My last car was the 170 CR Octy VRS - lovely car, bags of torque (and very good value for the performance and economy - depending on how you drive it :D ) but too big for me - so I traded it for the 'roc - no regrets so far.

..... plus the VRS TDi Octy can be remapped for 500 quid .........
stan_blade

Post by stan_blade »

yes the Octavia is brilliant value for money, but hasn't go the looks of the scirocco. The octavia is going through a facelift and the vRS version wont be out for 6 months.
I dont really need the space. All i need is the ability to transport my mountain bike around in the summer, and I guess I can put a roof rack on the scirocco for that.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i had a 2.0tdi a3, i swapped it for a 2.0tfsi a3 (i do 20k a year), then petrol scirocco, enough said

2.0tfsi is a very torquey engine, the engine in the sciroc seems to have more than the a3 unit and pulls in 4th from 20mph, also when you hear the exhaust note you'll be hooked
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Bagwafu

Post by Bagwafu »

andy wrote:also when you hear the exhaust note you'll be hooked
Can't argue with that!
stan_blade

Post by stan_blade »

Thanks for all you help, I have finally bought a used Petrol one :nod: from my local dealer that was previously used as a VW management car. its only done 1k miles, so it should be nicely run in. :clap:
Even better than that it comes with sat nav, leather, pano roof and parking sensors. :nod:
Got a good trade-in on my CUPRA although it had done 68k.
Delivery ETA 10 days, so not going to get much sleep between now and then. :D
wigit

Post by wigit »

stan many congrats and welcome to the expanding oxon/bucks group, desperate to see a white one in the flesh
stan_blade

Post by stan_blade »

White is a brave move in this weather and I will be kept busy in the winter cleaning it.
I am quite regularly up and down the a34 between Newbury and Oxford, so it wont be long before our paths cross I'm sure.
cheers
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

andy wrote:stan many congrats and welcome to the expanding oxon/bucks group, desperate to see a white one in the flesh
I am getting paranoid.. Is Oxford becoming the Scirocco capital of Gt Britain :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
wigit

Post by wigit »

they won't be as common as mini's or bmws around oxford thats for sure

the m40 in oxfordshire yesterday is the only place i have seen two on the same bit of road, i was one, the other was black birmingham registered one driven by the stig given his xray vision given the visability or lack of it, if it anyone here i hope your car and driving licenc is still in one piece as did not crash and were not too delayed by the accident at junction 15/16

was nice to see one as only when you follow one do you get the impression how wide it is at the rear