Window malfunction - Door Windows Drop.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
hardwick
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: parking sensors

Window malfunction - Door Windows Drop.

Post by hardwick »

Evening all.

I parked my scirocco up as normal this morning, locked the car and proceeded to work. It started to rain at about 10.45 am in Hereford and it was persistent most of the day. When I returned to drive home both windows were open approx 2" (50mm) in new money. I was a bit persistent my self when I noticed the seats were sopping wet. Fortunately i did not have to drive far with a wet bum ( starts to itch after a while ). I phoned the dealer and booked the car in for a check.

I do not think I pressed the key inadvertently and opened the windows by accident. Has anybody had this problem before?

I will keep you posted. Rich.
lugano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Wet bottom

Post by lugano »

I was going through my key fob the other week & if you keep the unlock button pressed longer for a few seconds then besides unlocking the car it will also send the windows down.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

hardwick wrote:I parked my scirocco up as normal this morning, locked the car and proceeded to work. It started to rain at about 10.45 am in Hereford and it was persistent most of the day. When I returned to drive home both windows were open approx 2" (50mm) in new money.

Has anybody had this problem before?
Hello,

Its a problem with early early Sciroccos and their Door Controllers and incorrect software. Low battery voltage results in the two Door Controllers (Driver & Passenger) dropping the windows for unexplained reasons, either partially or fully down. Affects Sciroccos prior to May 2009 build.

The Door Controllers need updating with revised software at the Dealers.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
lugano

Post by lugano »

So mines 2011, does that mean mine needs sorting out also even though its not an early rocco?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

lugano wrote:I was going through my key fob the other week & if you keep the unlock button pressed longer for a few seconds then besides unlocking the car it will also send the windows down.
Correct operation! Its in the Handbook. PS, the same on locking also sends the windows upwards and closed.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

lugano wrote:So mines 2011, does that mean mine needs sorting out also even though its not an early rocco?
no because as you clearly stated if you hold the unlock key down the windows drop, thats not a fault.
lugano

Post by lugano »

Phew thats a relief, thanks.
hardwick

Post by hardwick »

lugano wrote:I was going through my key fob the other week & if you keep the unlock button pressed longer for a few seconds then besides unlocking the car it will also send the windows down.

Thank you Lugano, Keep the button pressed when you lock the doors and the windows close as well (good eh)
hardwick

Post by hardwick »

RW1 wrote:
hardwick wrote:I parked my scirocco up as normal this morning, locked the car and proceeded to work. It started to rain at about 10.45 am in Hereford and it was persistent most of the day. When I returned to drive home both windows were open approx 2" (50mm) in new money.

Has anybody had this problem before?
Hello,

Its a problem with early early Sciroccos and their Door Controllers and incorrect software. Low battery voltage results in the two Door Controllers (Driver & Passenger) dropping the windows for unexplained reasons, either partially or fully down. Affects Sciroccos prior to May 2009 build.

The Door Controllers need updating with revised software at the Dealers.

C.
Thank you Sunny, Nice to have such a quick response on this forum. I will be for armed when I visit the dealer tomorrow.
What do you think they will do with the wet seats and potentially wet in the window and mirror controls?
lugano

Post by lugano »

Possibly supply you with wet proof pants for the seats, dunno about your wet window & mirror controls.
Evil Derboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Best thread title ever...
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

lugano wrote:Possibly supply you with wet proof pants for the seats, dunno about your wet window & mirror controls.
Good one ! :nod:
"Sorry sir, we can't find the fault but here are some waterproof pants in the meantime".
hardwick

Post by hardwick »

Hi all.

Vehicle went to the dealers today, one chap had heard of the window problem I experienced. Any way to cut a long story short, they have reprogrammed the window controllers. Nothing was done about the wet seats though. Lets hope this cures the problem and I don't get a wet bum for al lthe wrong reasons again.

Rich
lugano

Post by lugano »

Nice one fella, fingers crossed, your problems been resolved :bigthumb:
kimk1703

Window malfunction (not just another post)

Post by kimk1703 »

Hi Guys,

I know the forum is already full of post about this topic, but I’ve been looking for one specific forum post and I can’t find it.

Like many of you I have a problem with my windows opening(independently from one another), when locked. Sadly my dealer can’t locate any error on the car, and I can’t replicate the error, since it’s only periodic.

This is where I need your help – I remember reading a post where someone had found a step-by-step “guide” to replicate the common window-opens-by-50mm-when-it-shouldn’t problem. I would very much appreciate if someone could please drop the link here :)

Best regards
Kim
kimk1703

Re: Window malfunction (not just another post)

Post by kimk1703 »

Bump :)
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

I don't remember a step by step guide about replicating it. Only these against this fault.

Step by step for resetting the windows - yes.
Ignition on, doors closed, each window down, then up to fully close in one stroke while holding the switch in the up position, then window switch to up again and held again for 2 or 3 seconds.

Updating your door controller firmware at the dealers due to MY2009 door controllers not liking below 7 volts inside the controllers - yes.
Quote 2020170/7.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

RW1 wrote:I don't remember a step by step guide about replicating it. Only these against this fault.

Step by step for resetting the windows - yes.
Ignition on, doors closed, each window down, then up to fully close in one stroke while holding the switch in the up position, then window switch to up again and held again for 2 or 3 seconds.

Updating your door controller firmware at the dealers due to MY2009 door controllers not liking below 7 volts inside the controllers - yes.
Quote 2020170/7.

C.
I am wondering whether I should ask my dealer about updating the door controller for my car (Mar 2009), I have noticed recently that the passenger window shuts about 15 seconds after the driver side. I don't recall this occurring when the car was newer, I thought the windows went up more or less in sync. I don't want the warranty to run out and then to discover there is a fault.
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Skippy, if you are talking about getting into the car by unlocking both doors together, both windows drop, then you get in amd shut the drivers door. The driver's window immediately shuts but the passenger shuts later, about 10 seconds I've just counted. This is normal.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

RW1 wrote:Skippy, if you are talking about getting into the car by unlocking both doors together, both windows drop, then you get in amd shut the drivers door. The driver's window immediately shuts but the passenger shuts later, about 10 seconds I've just counted. This is normal.

C.
Many thanks Chris, only taken me 3 years to be aware of that one!