Scirocco R (2018)

Everything about the R for potential owners.
LeeDave1968
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: None

Scirocco R (2018)

Post by LeeDave1968 »

Hi, I am taking delivery of my Scirocco R on Saturday & one of the first things I want to do is upgrade the discs & pads. I dont want to spend thousands & will have the work done professionally. I have spoken to the garage who will fit them, however, they will not supply aftermarket products, only VW, as they will not guarantee the possibility of brake noise, juddering etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Scott R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Heated leather, satnav, xenon headlights ect

Re: Scirocco R (2018)

Post by Scott R »

LeeDave1968 wrote:Hi, I am taking delivery of my Scirocco R on Saturday & one of the first things I want to do is upgrade the discs & pads. I dont want to spend thousands & will have the work done professionally. I have spoken to the garage who will fit them, however, they will not supply aftermarket products, only VW, as they will not guarantee the possibility of brake noise, juddering etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I have a racingline bbk on my car and it's spot on for aftermarket but expensive, for what you want you could maybe look at VW golf clubsport disks I'm sure they fit ?
If not, sure people use mtec disks and ebc pads

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk
finetrond

Re: Scirocco R (2018)

Post by finetrond »

Lets see if we can get some options.
Here is the task as described: I want to do is upgrade the discs & pads. I dont want to spend thousands & will have the work done professionally. This can be achieved. Budget constrains and all.
First hurdle: I have spoken to the garage who will fit them, however, they will not supply aftermarket products, only VW, as they will not guarantee the possibility of brake noise, juddering etc. Solution: Find another garage.

The upgrade is it for improved braking distance, improved fade resistance during fast/track driving?
Get some good tires. That will help a lot. I went from Goodyear Pregnancy to Michelin PS4. No more ABS kicking in under hard braking. Changed my brake pads too, but honestly not much difference doing that.

My advice:
Budget friendly: Go for original brake parts. Upgraded hoses, best tires you can afford.
Max performance: big brake kit. it'll be thousands thou.
Collector of warning lights.