Windshield has white smudges I can't remove

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Dante13ro
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Windshield has white smudges I can't remove

Post by Dante13ro »

Good morning everyone,
I'm quite new to the world of cars so apologies in advance if all I've done was a bit dumn. I've driven many in the past but this is the first time I'm actually owning one. Experience has been great with a second hand Scirocco. I got it quite cheap hence it has a few bits and pieces that are not perfect. One example would be the windshield which has a few smudges or streaks I can't seem to be able to remove and they are very distracting especially at night and affect my vision. First i tried a carwash and had no luck with them. Since then i tried water and vinegar, Isopropyl alcohol diluted with water, using a clay bar to remove all the dirt, a glass polisher(which I'm not sure if i used properly i have to say) and a diluent. After all these, I'll attach a picture of how it looks at the minute. Does anyone have any ideas or this is just a case of having to replace the windshield?

L.e: i couldn't upload a photo directly. Please find attached the link to the picture: https://flic.kr/ps/3WHcde" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roy_01
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Windshield has white smudges I can't remove

Post by Roy_01 »

Have you cleaned both sides of the window?
Dante13ro
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Windshield has white smudges I can't remove

Post by Dante13ro »

Roy_01 wrote:Have you cleaned both sides of the window?
Yes...