Weird bulb out issue

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Agterbosch
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Weird bulb out issue

Post by Agterbosch »

So, long story short, I have a 2011 Scirocco 1.4, my car battery was already heavily degraded, but it could still manage to give enough juice to start the car, then one day my left front blinker/drl stopped working out of nowhere and the bulb out led came on.
Shortly after, the right headlight stopped working, the left rear blinker stopped working, and right rear light stopped working, all in 1 go..
I checked all the fuses first, but they were all fine, then I took out all the bulbs out of the car and manually checked them, they're all working fine too..
Then I replaced my front blinkers/drl since that seemed to be where it started, but made no difference, same symptoms
So since my battery was sitting at 11.7v even after wallcharging it all night, so I decided to replace that (was long overdue anyway), but after having just installed a new battery, didn't make any difference either..
I tried to wipe all the error codes via obd2, didn't help, and then I tried to reset the whole thing by doing the whole thing by (with the driver door open) disconnecting the battery for 15 seconds connecting the positive and negative together for 10 seconds to discharge the capacitor and then leave the car on ignition for 30 sec, but didn't work either

I have measured the wiring of the lights that stopped working, and the wires themselves are no longer getting power, as if they've been cut off
Also only the outer lights are affected, everything else is working perfectly fine, indoor bulbs, seatheating, power steering, radio, etc

Anybody got any ideas for me? I've genuinely run out of things to check.. :(

Edit: Apparently sciroccos have 2 fuse boxes, who knew.. (I didn't), found a blown fuse in the engine bay fusebox, I hope that'll turn out to be the crux...
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Weird bulb out issue

Post by Cuprabob »

I hope the blown fuse fixes your issue.

One thing to note though is that if a fault is detected on one of the lighting circuits, the control module will disable the circuit making it difficult to diagnose by measuring the voltages at the bulbs.
Agterbosch
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Re: Weird bulb out issue

Post by Agterbosch »

It did, however the only thing still behaving oddly is the right headlight, which sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't for some reason, I had led indicators in the front, and one of them seemed to have short circuited, which probably blew the fuse, I replaced those indicators with new ones and the fuse, that fixed it, the battery was probably a separate issue, now the headlight seems to be a separate issue too, I think its' connector is dodgy..
Seems like too much of a coincidence to all happen at the same time, but the headlight is the only problem left now, since the fuse fixed all the other lights
If only I had read the fuse thread on this forum a few weeks ago, would've saved me quite the headache