EML came on and went off after revving

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Scottyroc87
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

EML came on and went off after revving

Post by Scottyroc87 »

Hey all. Just a quick question. Have any of you had the following issue with their 2.0tsi DSG (2009 pfl) that could maybe shed some light?

Earlier today I had the EML come on and engine warning pop on the dash with car limited to 50mph. Engine sounded fine. Was running smooth just limited due to the EML.

Pulled up at home about 2 miles later. Turned the engine off. Started back up. EML still on. Revved the engine up to the soft limiter 2 or 3 times and the EML light went off [emoji1745]

I've been out and got foxwell scanner this evening and run all the checks and no Codes at all. I've taken it back out for a drive both calm driving and giving it a boot. No EML and run more checks with the scanner and no codes and all live data is where it should be.

Anyone had anything similar before thats ended up with a fault you've had to rectify? Just trying to get ahead of it incase it's something that will continue or just a one off?

Cheers in advance.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk