Scirocco 2011 RCD510 *newbie*

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Fa4
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Scirocco 2011 RCD510 *newbie*

Post by Fa4 »

Hi!
I have a 2011 scirocco with RCD510 unit.

The car looks as though Bluetooth should work, the microphone is set up and I have an option for Bluetooth on the car but it is greyed out.

I have a black module box under my passenger seat. Also, when I turn the engine on, a form of Bluetooth appears but I can’t hear my music when I connect to it.

Any ideas of what I could do or how to bypass the issue would be appreciated :vibes:
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Scirocco 2011 RCD510 *newbie*

Post by Cuprabob »

Normally the Bluetooth module is located under the driver's seat (RHD) in a polystyrene box. Are you sure the black box under the passenger seat isn't the Dynaudio amplifier as that's normally located under the passenger seat?

If you have Bluetooth, there is a phone menu screen on the MFD. Do you have this?

When you say a "form of Bluetooth appears", what's the name of the network? Mines is something like "VW Phone"

When a phone is connected you need select Bluetooth source in head unit to play music. It sounds as if this tab is greyed out in your case. I should also add there are a multitude of BT Modules and not all of then allow audio streaming, only phone calls. On mine, in the MFD when my phone is connected the is a music player icon next to the Bluetooth icon. Can you make and receive phone calls over Bluetooth?

This is for the OEM setup, which was a cost option in 2011.
Fa4

Post by Fa4 »

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

So I’ve just managed to have another look, when I lifted the black lid up.
There is a label on the side that said 8ch audio amplifier. I’m gonna guess this isn’t going to enable me to use blue tooth.

Do you think the VW garage would be able to install the Bluetooth mode? Or is there a cheaper way I could do it?

When I start the car, the only available network is ‘BLE_NAME’ I can connect to it, but nothing appears in the car!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Easiest solution is to replace the RCD510 headunit with one with integrated Bluetooth, something like an RNS315, which would also give sat nav functionality or an aftermarket headunit.

If there is a BT network there it may be a previous owner has retrofitted a module. If you can locate that module it may be a simple swap the module for a later one that is compatible with your phone. To be honest the whole Bluetooth module thing is a bit of a nightmare.