2012 1.4 TSI will not crank. Help

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
idmax12
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

2012 1.4 TSI will not crank. Help

Post by idmax12 »

I have been through the forum for about 3 days now and cannot locate the same issue. I am hoping someone else here can help me out.
I have a 2012 1.4 TSI twin charge with 58,000KM's. It is great shape. I am in the Bahamas and bought it from Singapore, so that mean no VW dealership here to help out.

The car sat for about 2 weeks with no issues before.
The battery has been tested with a battery tester at the local Car Quest and is only 3 months old, it is an AGM type. This checks out fine.
From doing some trouble shooting I have found that if I remove the starter relay under the dash, I can jump the hot to the wire going to the starter with the ignition on and the engine fires up fine and runs fine.
This means the starter is fine and ECU to run engine.

When using the start push button:

The MFD states depress the brake pedal to start, when this is done the small green light on the dash indicating to press the brake goes out so I take it this switch is working.
The next time I try and start with the start push button the MFD states to put the lever in P/N (Park or Neutral). But the MFD also shows the lever in Park on the right side of the MFD.
I swapped out the starter coil with a new unit and same issue.

Next I test the terminals 85 and 86 in the socket where the starter relay will go. I look for 12V at 85 or 86 when using the start push button and no voltage is registered.

Now i did complete and continuity check from terminal 85 to ground and it was open. Also from 86 to ground and it was open. Some cars use 85 and some use 86 for ground. I cannot seem to find any reference to with terminal goes to ground. So it could be a ground issue.

I have also tested the 4 pins on the ignition push button and no issues there either.

I am just out of ideas.

Any help is thanked in advance.