HELP! Interior lights don't work

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Roy0410
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
With a: Manual box
Options: Mf wheel, wheels, lowered, stage 1, custom exhausttips, dynamic indicators

HELP! Interior lights don't work

Post by Roy0410 »

Hey guys,

I am recently having this issue that my interior roof lights dont turn on when opening the doors. They do not work with both doors. Front and back lights. I can put them all on with the switch, then they work just fine.

Foot lights are working. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Which fuses do i have to check?? Or any other possible connectors.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: HELP! Interior lights don't work

Post by Cuprabob »

I apologise if this sounds patronising but double check the switch in the roof console is in the correct position. It has 3 positions,
1. Off
2. On with door operation
3. On.

If it's not that it's unlikely to be a fuse otherwise the lights wouldn't work at all. Only other thing I can think off is the door module but it's very unlikely both would fail at the same time plus the car graphic in the MFD wouldn't show an open door as an open door would not be detected plus the lights on buzzer wouldn't work either.
Roy0410
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
Options: Mf wheel, wheels, lowered, stage 1, custom exhausttips, dynamic indicators

Post by Roy0410 »

Cuprabob wrote:I apologise if this sounds patronising but double check the switch in the roof console is in the correct position. It has 3 positions,
1. Off
2. On with door operation
3. On.

If it's not that it's unlikely to be a fuse otherwise the lights wouldn't work at all. Only other thing I can think off is the door module but it's very unlikely both would fail at the same time plus the car graphic in the MFD wouldn't show an open door as an open door would not be detected plus the lights on buzzer wouldn't work either.
Yeah no problem, @Cuprabob

The switch is On with door operation, when i change it to on the lights will glow.

I have changed the roof console for a new OEM one but it didn't fix the problem. Just for sure maybe the switch contact points were bad.

Any other ideas?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk
Iaint17
In: Rising Blue

Post by Iaint17 »

I'm having the same issue as yourself. Looked on Internet and you tube no answers Have you had any joy
db5dan
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by db5dan »

I have a 2009 tsi scirocco and none of my interior lights work. Any help would be much appreciated.
bigkris06
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

db5dan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:11 pm I have a 2009 tsi scirocco and none of my interior lights work. Any help would be much appreciated.
If all of the lights failed at the same time then it’s likely to be a fuse unless someone (usually a child pressing buttons and flicking switches) has turned them off by accident.