1.4 TSI (120bhp) fuel consumption

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
matthew_mac
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

1.4 TSI (120bhp) fuel consumption

Post by matthew_mac »

Hi folks,

I am having an issue with fuel consumption with my 1.4 caxa engine which is on 111k miles. I had a quick search but most posts are on the twincharged engine.

Currently I am getting 15-25 mpg for town driving and 30-37 mpg for my 30 min motorway journey to work. For the latter I used to get 45-55 mpg. The car feels like there is sometimes some hesitance when accelerating. There are no issues with the car starting and engine generally sounds to be running smooth when idling.

I always use the same petrol station for petrol (Applegreen) and always get premium.

There were a number of faults that were cleared when the turbo was replaced last month. There are no faults at all now. Spark plugs replaced 7k miles ago.

I am told there would be faults showing if it was an issue with injectors/coilpack etc. is this the case?

Does anyone have any experience of a similar problem or have any suggestions on where to look next?

Best,

Matthew
percy_tc
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Indium Grey

Re: 1.4 TSI (120bhp) fuel consumption

Post by percy_tc »

Hi!

I have about 51mpg with constant 90-100km/h, in city it is about 37mpg, in highway with 130km/h it is about 32-35.