Vw scirocco 2.0tdi rough idle

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Sciroccoblue
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Facelift r line scirocco in rising blue. Running a 2.0tdi 184bhp coupled with the 6speed DSG box. Optional extras are, dynaudio, panoramic sun roof, discover media, colour dash,

Vw scirocco 2.0tdi rough idle

Post by Sciroccoblue »

Hiya. Got a 2012 scirocco 2.0tdi, with a intermittent rough idle. Initially I though it was the egr valve stuck open as there was mounds of soot in the intake and the egr valve was open at idle which I though was odd. I have obd eleven so went into live data and it says the egr valve was open 89 percent most of the time until acceleration it would close a little then open again. Just as a test I made a little blanking plate for the egr after this it ran as smooth as the day it left factory. But after a drive I got a engine light for insufficient egr flow. And the engine was idling lumpy again. There must be something else up. I’m thinking injectors or dpf. As it’s also doing a lot of dpf cleans even after 1hr journey four times a week. The fans are always running and ending revs higher than usual. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Rhys
Kendrick
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Vw scirocco 2.0tdi rough idle

Post by Kendrick »

Sounds like its just your egr thats at fault. A faulty EGR valve which is stuck open will further increase the amount of particulates causing the DPF to become clogged quicker than usual. Which would explain why your car is always running a dpf regeneration. So in short i would think its egr stuck open causing dpf to clog which then results in rough idle. Also the dpf regen would cause your fans to kick on

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk