Strange ticking noise on acceleration with clutch up

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Strange ticking noise on acceleration with clutch up

Post by SciroccoCW »

Hi,

I have a strange constant ticking noise coming from the engine when driving along and accelerating. It sounds kind of like a fan spinning but not smoothly. If I put the clutch down it disappears but as soon as I lift the clutch up I can hear it again and through acceleration. It's quite a feint noise but you can notice it when driving all the time.

Any ideas?

Engine: EA211
Model: CZCA

This thread seems to be describing the exact same problem. I have warranty on the car so if I can get this sorted for free that would be nice!
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 2&p=100099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SciroccoCW
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Re: Strange ticking noise on acceleration with clutch up

Post by SciroccoCW »

Today its fine and there is no noise at all.. tried pushing the clutch in and out but no noise at all. Seems intermittent :/

:?
Smeemi

Post by Smeemi »

Random - Where did you get that funky underbody front lip from? Hehe
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Ebay about £150, plus paint

SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Sounds come back again.. sounds like a fan or belt spinning badly? It's only when I lift the clutch back up
Kyleo95
In: Pure White
Options: Winter pack

Post by Kyleo95 »

Jumping on this a few years later but wondering if you've ever found a fix/cause of this?
I have the exact same engine and same the problem. I've also found that the noise stops temporarily if the fan is switched off/on again which puzzles me on how that's liked to lifting the clutch up...