Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Marius336
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by Marius336 »

Bumper, hood and everything can stay.

But You need to do something for Indicator, because the Pre Facelift R have it inside the Xenon and Facelift have indicator seperate.
unclejosh
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by unclejosh »

Marius336 wrote:Bumper, hood and everything can stay.

But You need to do something for Indicator, because the Pre Facelift R have it inside the Xenon and Facelift have indicator seperate.
thanks for the heads up! but could you elaborate a little?

based on your reply, here is what i gathered:
Pre FL R Xenon headlights to the FL R headlights:
1. it will fit as is without any other exterior parts changing, bumper/hood/everything else
2. i need to find a way to sort out the indicator because the pre FL indicator is within the headlight itself
3. the FL indicator light is the DRL at the bottom in the bumper.

In this case, anyone knows how to solve this issue? wiring? coding? your help is very much appreciated.
mrsavvy90
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
Options: Leather seats , Xenon Headlights, Reverse camera, Upgraded PREMIUM Audio, RNS 510 SATNAV rear parking sensors

Post by mrsavvy90 »

unclejosh wrote:
Marius336 wrote:Bumper, hood and everything can stay.

thanks for the heads up! but could you elaborate a little?

based on your reply, here is what i gathered:
Pre FL R Xenon headlights to the FL R headlights:
1. it will fit as is without any other exterior parts changing, bumper/hood/everything else
2. i need to find a way to sort out the indicator because the pre FL indicator is within the headlight itself
3. the FL indicator light is the DRL at the bottom in the bumper.

In this case, anyone knows how to solve this issue? wiring? coding? your help is very much appreciated.

you can't just code it out, the issue is you won't have a front indicator as the R sidelights are white unless you open the sidelights and solder amber/orange leds and run the indicator wire to the sidelights then it can work, otherwise I would recommend to upgrade to facelift R bumper
unclejosh

Post by unclejosh »

thanks a lot!!! will explore possible options.
addy73
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Mk8 heated wheel, Bi xenons, Leather, powerfold mirrors.

Post by addy73 »

Hi, are the facelift xenons supposed to move left and right when steering, mine don't only the halogen cornering lights, I have bend lighting turned on and no faults, I have a 2015 r line with factory xenons, cheers.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes they must swivel left and right with the steering.
You can test them standing still with output test in xenon control module with vcds (output test: presentation mode)
The they must move when turning the steering wheel.
Im not sure if your light switch have to on automatic.
unclejosh

Post by unclejosh »

dear all, i am on the edge on doing the xenon conversion.
I have read about converting the front indicator as DRL on the non-Rs.

have anyone or does anyone know if i can convert my front DRL as indicator? without splicing preferably.
unclejosh

Post by unclejosh »

TIA

i’m now on the edge of converting and found a solution for the indicator, using an aftermarket DRL that could also be an indicator. However, i’m now trying to sort out the parts required and coding required to do this conversion from a FL R to these headlights.

Any and all suggestions are welcome…
unclejosh

Post by unclejosh »

Dear all,
Looking for some input on my progress.
I am converting from PFL Scirocco R with xenons to FL Scirocco Xenons

These are what I have gathered after talking to my local stockist:
Both FL xenon headlights
2x DRL module
2x AFS Module
2x Xenon Ballast

I saw that Roy's list had these:
Breather line, what is it for?
level sensor, where is this supposed to go? or is this an addition or replacement?
AFS ECU, does my car need it?
BCM, I read that getting a used one from an FL Scirocco R is better? does this mean it has to be used or buying a brand new from a stockist would work?

What else is required for this?
I would be using an aftermarket DRL that works as an indicator as well.
What other wirings are there to do?
Are there any adapters for these?

Where I stay, I have to go for inspection. Similar to MOT for you guys. So Would this conversion be a troublesome thing to switch back or once everything is done, it can be plug and play to revert back? (when I revert back, I don't need all the functions like auto-levelling or turn. Just needs to light up and working)
unclejosh

Post by unclejosh »

an update to this.

Found parts and probably ways to make things work BUT I am wondering if any one of you has ways to get access to the headlight certification and documentation to prove that these facelift headlights adhere to international standards.

reason being is that the government requires us to acquire these to prove that the headlights are suitable to be used in Singapore.
GeorgeAdams1!
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Opal Silver
Options: Bi xenon, rns 315, bluetooth module, sport pack with black interior and leather seats

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

Roy_01 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am Depends on what functionality you want...

Without a highline bcm ending with 087, you can only get the xenon working without static cornering lights.
WIth a midline bcm ending on 086 it's possible to use the high beam output of the bcm T52a/5 and T52c/46 for the shutters to get them working.
On a highline bcm pins T52a/5 and T52c/46 are the output for the cornering lights and the shutters are operated by pin T52C/48 and T52C/49. The midline bcm doesn't have these pins 48 and 49.

On a halogen connector T10 pin 8 is the high beam wire
On a xenon connector T14 pin 11 is the shutter wire.

So what they often do with the xenon adapters is move pin 8 to pin 11 and you don't have to pull any new wires.
But better is to install a highline bcm so you can get full functionality with AFS and cornering lights.

If you don't want al the functionality a prefacelift xenon adapter is fine. But if you want the full functionality with cornering lights and afs up and running you need to run extra wires to the bcm and afs module.

If you want the electric diagrams, you can download them from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... urFaa?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello Roy! I have some trouble retrofitting bi xenons with mid line bcm 086. I only want them to work properly. I know that I will not have cornering lights because I need afs and highline bcm. I have installed the lights and the kufateck adaptors. The cables form the adaptors are installed at: connector A(black one) pin 7, pin 8 and connector C (gold one) pin 48, pin 49 from kufateck installation guide. Is that correct or I have to move T52C/48 to T52A/5 and T52C/49 to T52C/46? Also I will need to make a cable bridge to the adaptors from pin 8 to 11? Last question. What coding I have to do?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

What is exactly the problem? Yes you have to use the high beam wires from your halogen units to operate your shutters. Pin 8 from the halogen connector is connected to pin 11 on the 14 pin connector for high beam operation, no coding needed.
GeorgeAdams1!
Options: Bi xenon, rns 315, bluetooth module, sport pack with black interior and leather seats

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

Roy_01 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:08 pm What is exactly the problem? Yes you have to use the high beam wires from your halogen units to operate your shutters. Pin 8 from the halogen connector is connected to pin 11 on the 14 pin connector for high beam operation, no coding needed.

Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I coded only “xenon with shutter installed” and the drls on headlight are not working. Also when I press for high beam the cornering light turn on(I haven’t connected pin 8 to pin 11 on adaptors)
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

That sounds right, need to move it to pin 11. The drl is a bit more difficult. You can turn it on by putting side light or drl signal on both pin 10 and 12. And check module 9 coding byte 15 bit 6 drl by seperate lights active.
GeorgeAdams1!

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

Οκ thanks! I saw this coding in the other page. This coding is for midline too?

Byte 14 bit 3 check bi-xenon with shutters installed
Byte 19 bit 0-3 headlight dimming (bulb extended lifetime) change to inactive
Byte 17 bit 2 check bi-xenon without additional high beam installed
Byte 25 bit 2 check high beam via shutter active/installed
Byte 15 bit 6 check drl via seperate lights active
Byte 27 bit 2 check drl module for parking lights installed
Byte 24 bit 7 check drl as position lights active
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Just leave that for now and check if your shutters work with the right wiring.
GeorgeAdams1!

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

Ok thanks!
GeorgeAdams1!

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

Roy_01 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:33 pm Just leave that for now and check if your shutters work with the right wiring.

Did the wire bridge between pin 8 and pin 11 on the antaptors and high beam work fine. The cornering lights still turning on when high beams turning on :/
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Take out pin 8 wire of the 14 pin connector. You just connect it directly to pin 11.
GeorgeAdams1!

Post by GeorgeAdams1! »

My adaptors have cable on pin 11. Do I need to remove the pin 11 or just make a connection?