Just purchased a new scirocco but need a question answered

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
harrynorfolk
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Front and Rear parking sensors

Just purchased a new scirocco but need a question answered

Post by harrynorfolk »

Hello,

Im new to the forums and ive just purchased my first scirocco the other week through a dealership. It will be the base model witha few extras. Im really excited to be getting this car because ive wanted one from when i was young.

All i wanted to know was if there was going to be a new scirocco being released in 2017 a long with the golf? I've seen a few models and have also seen a picture which i can't tell if its real or not about there being a new shape version of the scirocco in 2017. See picture link below.

Could someone please help as i would hold off on my order and wait for a new version to be released or get more money off the one i have just purchased!

Thank you

http://i65.tinypic.com/2craupx.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Just purchased a new scirocco but need a question answer

Post by Cuprabob »

The release date of the MK4 Scirocco has not been confirmed or indeed if it will happen at all. The pictures you refer to are just mock ups.

If it does happen, it won't be until 2018 at the earliest.
harrynorfolk

Post by harrynorfolk »

Cuprabob wrote:The release date of the MK4 Scirocco has not been confirmed or indeed if it will happen at all. The pictures you refer to are just mock ups.

If it does happen, it won't be until 2018 at the earliest.

Thank you for this, i was worrying myself thinking i've rushed it without thinking of a new release coming up but if what you say is true i should all good.

Much appreciated.
Wadeya001
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Auto wipers
Auto headlights
Media system

Post by Wadeya001 »

One thing to check is the new tax bands for new cars. It might be worth waiting a little longer as the running costs are about to change :) you could end up buying the car to take a massive dive in value as next years is a lot cheaper on tax. Same goes the other way (depending on engine).

Not massively clued up on the new bands as I don't plan on owning a new car, but the change in pricing could easily sting some people (same as the golfs did a few years ago).

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/ved-road- ... -0182-2060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Dazarooni »

I keep checking for information every day to see if any releases about the fourth generation Scirocco have come out.

As stated above, the original plan was for the fourth generation model to be released in 2017. Since the diesel scandal, Volkswagen have said that all non-essential spending will be cut or suspended. So, can we take it that the fourth generation Scirocco is essential or not? It is a niche market which is targeted with the Scirocco.

I think we can argue that the new generation Scirocco is an essential car as it has been a success for VW and a new model is required in a year or 2. Also, I'm sure Volkswagen have already thrown millions at the new design and it would be a waste to just cancel the Scirocco completely.

My guess would be a delayed release in 2018.
harrynorfolk

Post by harrynorfolk »

Wadeya001 wrote:One thing to check is the new tax bands for new cars. It might be worth waiting a little longer as the running costs are about to change :) you could end up buying the car to take a massive dive in value as next years is a lot cheaper on tax. Same goes the other way (depending on engine).

Not massively clued up on the new bands as I don't plan on owning a new car, but the change in pricing could easily sting some people (same as the golfs did a few years ago).

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/ved-road- ... -0182-2060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OIn that websitew it says tax is going up???

plus i wont get it till september anyways ...

I don't think it will affect the car price but more the road tax?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The new tax rules only apply to cars registered on or after 1st April 2017.

For cars registered before that date the existing bands will apply with possibly an inflationary rise each year after the budget.
harrynorfolk

Post by harrynorfolk »

Cuprabob wrote:The new tax rules only apply to cars registered on or after 1st April 2017.

For cars registered before that date the existing bands will apply with possibly an inflationary rise each year after the budget.

Not much of a hit then i recon, i didn't really understand it but waiting a year to get a rocco i just can not do :(
AussieRoccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box
Options: Stainless steel "R" footrest covers
GTS stripes

Post by AussieRoccoR »

Have you seen this ?

from here
http://autospy.top/2018-volkswagen-golf ... -audi-jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by AussieRoccoR on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"R" in GTS clothing
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Only an artists impression of what one might look like.
VW have a ton of money to recoup from dieselgate. The first way to do that is to cull all the niche models and the ones that don't sell well. If there was a new scirocco coming in the next 2 years we would have seen test mules in the press by now. It's not happening any time soon.