New wheels - Bola B17

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

New wheels - Bola B17

Post by Zanic L3 »

Hi guys,

After three years of owning my Rocco I've finally decided to pick up some new rims & tires. I've gone for the Bola B17's - https://bolawheels.co.uk/bola-b17/

I once saw a white Rocco on R8 facelifted replicas (I think they were replicas) and it looked so damn good.

There's one issue though, I'm not able to lower my car due to driveway issues and I don't wanna give up a nice garage just to lower it and to keep it outside. That's also why I never really looked into getting aftermarket wheels but I found these and I just wanted them. I also bought some fresh rubber, Federal 595 RS-Pros, as I did read good reviews from them on the forum here.
The total cost is €1350 for 4 rims & 4 brand new tires.

I've photoshopped the new rims on my car right now to see how the arch gap would look and in my eyes. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it was still alright so I went ahead and bought them.

I'll post some pics when they are here (in a week or so). I went with a gunmetal finish on them instead of a black look.

Specs are 8.5J x 18 ET40 they also had a set with ET30 but I played safe as I wasn't sure if I would like it if the wheels poke out too much.
Zanic L3

Re: New wheels - Bola B17

Post by Zanic L3 »

Got them fitted yesterday. Not quite the kind of showroom pictures as the weather has been shit the last few days and I just wanted to take some.

The tires collect everything as they are super soft, dirt, stones, grind. I've heard a few knocks of stones flying into the arches. Also, there is clearly a tire noise present, almost sounds like an electric car or a small engine plane at certain speeds, but I knew this before getting them. As the weather is shit I haven't been able to 'really' try them yet.

What do you guys think?
Northman
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dcc, folding mirrors, rear view camera, park assist system and smoking pack

Post by Northman »

most definitely the dogs bollocks.
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »