Changing headlamp bulbs

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
andyd68
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Changing headlamp bulbs

Post by andyd68 »

Morning all,

I've purchased some Osram Nightbreaker bulbs for a good price from a pal of mine in the motor trade :)

Is it a relatively simple task to change the bulbs?

Thanks
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Re: Changing headlamp bulbs

Post by MKAndy »

It's easy to take out...you just twist the holder and it pops out, pop in the new bulb then the trouble starts.

Unless you've got Jeremy Beadle hands it's a bit of a pig to line up then screw back into place. Took me lots of cursing and scratched up hands! :grumpy:
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Re: Changing headlamp bulbs

Post by Ibanez33 »

MKAndy wrote:It's easy to take out...you just twist the holder and it pops out, pop in the new bulb then the trouble starts.

Unless you've got Jeremy Beadle hands it's a bit of a pig to line up then screw back into place. Took me lots of cursing and scratched up hands! :grumpy:

Yeah, I second that. easy enough job to do but some of that plastic is crazy sharp, my hands looked like I provoked a basket of already angry kittens once I was done..