5 % price increase imminent

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
BAIKAR
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

5 % price increase imminent

Post by BAIKAR »

just got a tip of that a price increase is on its way. May be already too late for new orders or starting 1st Feb.
x5pea
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather, Sat Nav

Re: 5 % price increase imminent

Post by x5pea »

oooh i was in just intime :D
krn1

Post by krn1 »

this is down to sterling being weak no doubt. i wonder will there be more to come over time, since the £ has fallen about 20% i'd say since the roc came out
tartangti
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

Yeah, given the state of sterling at the moment it wouldn't come as much of a shock. There's also the fact that for once VW seems to have priced the car at level that makes it seems overly cheap compared to the equivalent Golf and other competitors like the Audi TT (£5k more!). Even the Mk5 GTi with a worse spec was the same price. Given the price of the MK6 Golf range and the current value of the £ I wouldn't be surprise if the price goes up pretty soon.
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

Hmmmm, this is not good. I was waiting for the xenons but with this price hike it may not be worth it? May just go order this weekend and live without them. Who needs xenons anyway! :p
DavidH
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

I'm assuming this is across the board and not just the scirocco? Just been pricing up a new Golf for my mum and it's so bloody expensive. For a 1.4TSI GT DSG 5 door with a few options (not extravagantly specced by any means) it's nearly £22k. The new golf seems significantly more expensive than the Scirocco spec for spec.
Mr S
In: Salsa Red

Post by Mr S »

Phew - bought one today! :D
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

DavidH wrote:I'm assuming this is across the board and not just the scirocco? Just been pricing up a new Golf for my mum and it's so bloody expensive. For a 1.4TSI GT DSG 5 door with a few options (not extravagantly specced by any means) it's nearly £22k. The new golf seems significantly more expensive than the Scirocco spec for spec.
I agree. I looked into the Golf and for a decent spec it was well into Scirocco money, so that made my mind up.
tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

Has anyone had it confirmed that VW prices are rising by 5% as of February sometime? I know Vauxhall and Ford have already confirmed price rises so it wouldn't be surprising.
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

My dealer mentioned it when I ordered but they did not have a date or an idea of the increase amount. There has been nothing official from VW yet other than it is expected soon.
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Dealer said price increase next week - Get your orders in quick!
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Green Goddess
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite Vienna Upholstery, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, Dab Radio, Flat Tyre Indicator, Carpet Mats

Post by Green Goddess »

VW are putting up prices across their entire range by upto 4%. On the Scirocco the increase is 3.92% :eek: and is effective from 25th Feb. Our dealer advises cars ordered before that date will be honoured at the old price so if anyone is still undecided now would seem a good time to take the plunge! :nod:
tartangti

Post by tartangti »

Green Goddess wrote:VW are putting up prices across their entire range by upto 4%. On the Scirocco the increase is 3.92% :eek:
Ouch, that means an increase of around £800 on the Scirocco 2.0GT. Like the man said best order now if you want one!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

why do i think this is a crafty ploy, but em but be then offer a nice discount to seal the deal......
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
tartangti

Post by tartangti »

andy wrote:why do i think this is a crafty ploy, but em but be then offer a nice discount to seal the deal......
Could well just be a crafty salesmans ploy but I've seen a couple of folk mention the price increase on the UK MKIV's forum aswell (as i affects the Golf too). Given that Ford and Vauxhall have raised their prices I wouldn't be surprised if VW followed suit sooner rather than later.
Green Goddess
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite Vienna Upholstery, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, Dab Radio, Flat Tyre Indicator, Carpet Mats

Post by Green Goddess »

Our local dealer has an email from VW HQ announcing the price increases and given that the dealer isn't offering any discounts on the car I personally don't think its a sales ploy.
tartangti

Post by tartangti »

Seems right enough, extract below from a post on Tyresmoke...(& UKMKIVs)

Officially announced this morning.[14.02.09]

Model % price increase

Fox 3.00%
Polo 4.85%
Golf 3.58%
Golf Estate 4.62%
Golf Plus 4.34%
Beetle 3.92%
Beetle Cab 3.92%
Touran 5.00%
Jetta 5.00%
Eos 3.54%
Scirocco 3.92%
Tiguan 2.14%
Passat Sal 3.95%
Passat Est 3.95%
Passat CC 2.36%
Sharan 5.00%
Touareg 1.70%
Phaeton 1.98%

All orders after 24th Feb will be charged at the above prices apparently!

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/vw-chat/ ... ost1391569

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/251182.aspx
tartangti

Post by tartangti »

Prices have now been increased as per the list above by the looks of it. Glad I ordered when I did as if I'd waited until now the car I've orderd would have cost me a £1k more! That and the second hand value of my Scirocco (and anyone else who owns one) has instantly gone up by that amount so good news for existing owners!

See the VW site for revised prices :-

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/

Can't believe how expensive this makes the new Golf look. A mid-range 1.4 122bhp SE with 5-doors and metallic paint (and no other extras) now starts at nearly £17k!
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

my car would have been £985 more if id waited a week to order
aceuk

Post by aceuk »

So when the £ recovers, will VW put the price back down by the same amount? I bet they won't. :mad: