SD card

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
dougroc
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: heated leather seats

SD card

Post by dougroc »

Just bought an SD card for the car. Will the music straight from itunes work? And will this include the music that i have taken from cd into itunes?

Thanks in advance.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: SD card

Post by ZephyR »

I dunno, I used Media Monkey to transfer mine and that sorteed them all out by artist, album, tracks.
Best thing is to try it with a small number of albums and see what happens. Won't cost you anything :nod:
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Just move MP3's onto it. I dunno if it supports AAC / MP4.
nd10

Post by nd10 »

Ryy wrote:Just move MP3's onto it. I dunno if it supports AAC / MP4.

Mine doesn't
maddogdave
Options: Xenon, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

Post by maddogdave »

The SD card only plays MP3.
CD Changer (RCD510) will also play MP3 files copied onto a CD, but not other formats.
Itunes AAC / MP4 files will play via a USB stick plugged into the MMI connector.
I use a Samung S1 mini HDD drive plugged into the USB for my Itunes music. Very fast access to the music and will play from where it left off, even after being taken out of the car.
Only downside is that random play won't work for me using this device.
dougroc
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
With a: DSG box
Options: heated leather seats

Post by dougroc »

ah thats interesting to know. Because i tried this SD card and only one song played (an mp3) but i had to buy an adapter to plug the sd card into the usb on my laptop. So if i use this through the lead in the car that you describe it should play the music from my itunes i imagine.
maddogdave
Options: Xenon, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

Post by maddogdave »

Not sure if it will recognise the SD card via a USB adapter / reader but worth a try if you already have the adapter. If not then I would suggest using a USB memory stick and copying your music files onto that.
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

My RNS pics up my 16GB micro-SD through a small USB adapter.