Mini Roc R Dyno Session

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Mini Roc R Dyno Session

Post by Chungster »

Me and Jane decided to head down to Surrey Rolling Road today to see if her DBP Revo Stage 1 Roc R is more powerful than my non-mapped but lightly enhanced RB Roc R. I wanted to see what the recent additions to my car has done to the numbers, and Jane wanted to know what her car made since the remap. So a mini meet up was organised.
Did invite Wigit too as I wanted to see what his Revo S2 GT would do compared to ours, but unfortunately he couldn't make it :(

I've been to SRR before and trust Charlie's set up in giving honest numbers. :) I wont go into details what he was upto with the clients before us round the back of building however :D

One clean R, one shockingly filthy R :lol:

Mine went on first to set the benchmark.

And the result for my Stock mapped R with Twintake/Twintercooler/Milltek Cat Back. :D :D

Then it was Jane's turn with her DBP Revo'd Roc R (aka VW Golf with a Fat Arse)

And the result...... (she wins, i lose...prize was a wild bean latte :yummy: )

Our 2 best runs combined onto one graph.

You can clearly see the extra torque being made thanks to the Revo remap. :lol:

Question is, how much will our cars make if she had my mods and mine had a Revo map. Will it hit 330bhp? Hmmm.

PS: Sorry about the pics...should have used the flash! The orange lighting inside the dyno cell was a bit of a PITA!
Last edited by Chungster on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chungster

Re: Mini Roc R Dyno Session

Post by Chungster »

Some pics in the car park comparing ride heights (RB standard, DBP has H&R 35mm drop)

Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Oh and for reference, before the mods it made 267 bhp at JKM (same type of RR - Dyno Dynamics)

Jane
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

I am sooo embarressed by the state of my car.....shocking !

Anyway thanks for sorting today out, perhaps i really should get the DSG map as well. :D

Was good to hear your exhaust, was expecting it to be louder from what you had said but was pleasantly suprised, thought it had a great note, mixed in with all the sucking noises coming from the front :lol: , still undecided if i am going to get one or not, but as they have now added a rear silencer as well, won't sound like yours anyway lol.. . mmmm decisions, decisions !
DAR

Post by DAR »

Jane you filthy girl!

Just plain filthy!

Very good comparison, was the effect of the Twin cooler thingy minimised due to the cooler weather?
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

DAR wrote:
Very good comparison, was the effect of the Twin cooler thingy minimised due to the cooler weather?
I would say so, and it's what Chris@Forge says too...it'll show its worth in the summer when ambient temp is higher.

So we shall see, might organise a RR day at SRR in the summer. :)

But it was good to compare against her Revo'd R anyway. :yes:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

blimey i didn't realise they'd released brown as a colour yet

pitty i couldn't make it as wanted to bring both cars a long (as Golf is on revised BFT settings), always good honest numbers from Charlie and SRR

seen a few graphs from Revo Stage 1 Rocs and seem bang on the money and contrary to a few myths look like they have the same old fuel pump :yummy:

will be interesting to see in the summer months the benefits of the larger cooler and twin cooler

i had the GTI done there around a year ago so similar ball park 300.4bhp and 315lbft (all be it the maps ramped down at top end), Stage 1 Revo cars made 300bhp all day long, others were 290 ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Jane
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

wigit wrote:blimey i didn't realise they'd released brown as a colour yet
bubbles.jpg
Black is so last year darling :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.