What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
AXEY101
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: fully loaded on 19's.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by AXEY101 »

Hi, thought id post this here too, I think it's relevant.
I ordered my car in may, my est delivery date was early sept? I've been chasing a build date for the last few weeks now with no joy!
The whole time expressing my concerns about delays that id heard of (mostly from posts on here) I was told there's no reason why I would'nt get sept del?
I spoke to a different guy today who said he'd find out a bit more info...?

He rang back an hr later with bad news!!
My est NOT confirmed build date was week 46! November!!! With poss del of JANUARY!!!!!! :bang:

After expecting my car in a few weeks I was/am pretty pi**ed off :rage:

If I had ordered a new ferrari itallia or something of that marque I would of expected such a delay but not a VW!!

He also told me the delay has been the dsg gearbox and the sunroof?? So that would be all scirocco's not just the r's?

I'm thinking about cancelling my order i'm that pi**ed off.
I ordered the R instead of getting a focus rs, audi rs4, s5, s4, I'm starting to regret that decision now!!

To be fair to my dealer they have said they will provide me with a car from sept untill delivery as my company car is going back,
but i dont want to be given a polo or worse a fox to drive for 4 months! (don't laugh)

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
micke_011
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Euro + Sports packages, RCD510, 2 Zone Clima

Post by micke_011 »

Wha', 4 months delay?! That totally blows dude! I can only assume that if you want quicker delivery on any of the other cars you'd have to wait as long if not longer unless you could find a car matching your criteria? Before you cancel the order, why not check in with the dealer to see what car they'll be offering you, it might not be as bad as a Fox or a Polo..and you might have some other kind of compensation as well?
Candy White 1.4 TSI 160 - DSG, ACC, 18" Interlagos (Euro Premium&Sport packs), Alu Door Sills, Current VCDS Mods Needle Sweep, Cornering Fog Lights, Alarm Chirp, Emergency Break Warning, Dension Gateway 5, sort of..
ChrisL
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

Post by ChrisL »

To confirm the above that I'm expecting my DGS TDI with sunroof in my hands early November. Still no build week confirmed due to factory shutdown. If it had been a Rocco R then a 6 month wait !
AXEY101
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: fully loaded on 19's.

Post by AXEY101 »

Hi,
Latest news!! Ive now been told by vw that there new system is showing october delivery???????
Its gone from sept/10 to jan/11 now to oct/10 in the space of a couple of weeks?
What is going on at VW????
I just want my car!!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

highly probably as VW work a just in time production system http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ion#p37477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

AXEY101 wrote:Hi,
Latest news!! Ive now been told by vw that there new system is showing october delivery???????
Its gone from sept/10 to jan/11 now to oct/10 in the space of a couple of weeks?
What is going on at VW????
I just want my car!!
I think the R orders are being more centrally managed, so you may have picked up a cancelled slot from another customer.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
BadBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

whats the delivery time if ordering this week?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

BadBoy wrote:whats the delivery time if ordering this week?
best guess 10-12 weeks :shrug:

S

eta: what model etc you are ordering will affect this
honnyfez
Options: Parking Sensors

Post by honnyfez »

Just to let people know and I don't know if this was just very good luck or they have speeded things up but I ordered my 1.4 TSI 160 with Dynaudio and Rear Sensors on July 4th and it arrived at uk Dealer yesterday (August 24th).

That's very impressive in my books given I was told estimated delivery of sometime before Christmas.

I hope everyone with orders in gets them this quick but my dealer did say that he was very surprise and he doesn't expect other orders to arrive this quick.

Also thanks to the admins and participants of this site. I have looked at discussions regularly here since ordering and this site provides great info.

Thanks
robrain
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Any similar stories for R orders?
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
BadBoy
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

Dealers just seem to give the standard 16 weeks for any bespoke order. I have been offered a brand new pre reg with folding mirrors missing available on oct 9 with a 16.25% discount off list?
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

that sounds like a very very good deal!!

S
honnyfez
Options: Parking Sensors

Post by honnyfez »

robrain wrote:Any similar stories for R orders?
Not sure but I read somewhere that R's were taking quite longer than standards or GT's. Not sure why and it seems unfair.

To be honest I think that people are getting all kinds of wildly different estimated build and delivery times and also they actual times vary a lot.

I think mine (Standard 1.4 160) was down for build week 31 and it is at the UK dealer now so its taken 3 weeks from build to dealer.
BadBoy

Custom

Post by BadBoy »

trix wrote:that sounds like a very very good deal!!

S

I know, but I really want folding mirrors :(
dougroc
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Viper Green
Options: heated leather seats

build date

Post by dougroc »

Just had a call to say my scirocco has gone into production today! :D

Does anyone have any idea at a rough time i could be looking at from this point please?
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

dougroc wrote:Just had a call to say my scirocco has gone into production today! :D

Does anyone have any idea at a rough time i could be looking at from this point please?
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=5619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gareth262
Options: Reverse parking sensors, Leather seats, Front & rear mats

Post by gareth262 »

I ordered mine yesterday and the dealer said expect a delivery date of roughly 8 weeks time - so looking at end of October or beginning of November...that's actual delivery of the car, not sure of a build date yet...Can't wait :)
BadBoy

Custom

Post by BadBoy »

gareth262 wrote:I ordered mine yesterday and the dealer said expect a delivery date of roughly 8 weeks time - so looking at end of October or beginning of November...that's actual delivery of the car, not sure of a build date yet...Can't wait :)
whats the spec? colour, etc?
gareth262
Options: Reverse parking sensors, Leather seats, Front & rear mats

Post by gareth262 »

BadBoy wrote:whats the spec? colour, etc?

Apologies, first time on here :) ....

I've ordered the 2.0 TDI 170 PS with DSG gearbox
Candy white
Reverse parking sensors
Leather interior
Front and rear mats

The dealer said it should be roughly 8 weeks but i havent had any confirmation yet as to wether the order has gone through or when production will start.
BadBoy

Custom

Post by BadBoy »

gareth262 wrote:
BadBoy wrote:whats the spec? colour, etc?

Apologies, first time on here :) ....

I've ordered the 2.0 TDI 170 PS with DSG gearbox
Candy white
Reverse parking sensors
Leather interior
Front and rear mats

The dealer said it should be roughly 8 weeks but i havent had any confirmation yet as to wether the order has gone through or when production will start.
no probs, so its not confirmed as i was quoted 12 weeks minimum for any order.