Got my R!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
combusted
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Tempomat, Alarm, Park-Assist, Bi-Xenon, RNS 510, Multifunctional Steering with Paddle Shift, Flat tyre indicator, MDI interface, Auto-hold, Folding Mirrors, VW Bluetooth, Long Beach 17"

Re: Got my R!

Post by combusted »

risingblue1 wrote:Why isn’t there a mute button on the steering wheel like the old one?
It is the microphone-shaped button on the left side cluster. If you have Bluetooth installed "voice dial" should come up instead of mute, and with Sat Nav maybe you launch voice control. Give it a try.
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

Some pics now its waxed. Only Turtle Wax but any recommendations for a replacement let me know!

antwarrior01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Reverse sensors

Post by antwarrior01 »

Can I please ask if the rising blue is a good colour to have, I am torn on the white but have already ordered the blue. I have a white GT so I suppose it will be good to change!

Any feeback would be appreciated.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

I love the white on the normal roc's but i'm not so keen on the r. I reckon black or blue suit the r best.

Deacon
playing in my '86
l-plate

Post by l-plate »

Hi Risingblue.

Car looks fab, congrats! Hope youre still enjoying it....run her in yet ?

I'm having almost exactly the same dilema you had...I have a rising blue, 2.0 GT but is the 210PS which is certainly not underpowered !!....but....have the Roc R playing on my mind, and have the opportunity to trade up.

Only thing is my car has: leather, which is heated and lumbar support etc. Its a DSG which I certainly am enjoying, and I have the Dynaudio which I love.
Oh and embarrassingly only had my GT since mid feb 2010 so feel a bit silly as its been sub 2 months...! :oops:

So...trying to decide, should I trade up for an R (a cancelled order pre-registered) that has cloth seats (I have sat in another R with cloth and know theyre sporty etc) its manual, has 18" wheels, and no dynaudio and 310rns...its hard justifying extra cost for a 'standard' R...that I didnt spec, having specced up my GT to my choice.

but know the R will sound great and be faster and look ace and a standard R is a serious piece of kit in anycase i know!!

So thats my dilema, and see youre happy you changed up.... :yes:
risingblue1
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

l-plate wrote:Hi Risingblue.

Car looks fab, congrats! Hope youre still enjoying it....run her in yet ?

I'm having almost exactly the same dilema you had...I have a rising blue, 2.0 GT but is the 210PS which is certainly not underpowered !!....but....have the Roc R playing on my mind, and have the opportunity to trade up.

Only thing is my car has: leather, which is heated and lumbar support etc. Its a DSG which I certainly am enjoying, and I have the Dynaudio which I love.
Oh and embarrassingly only had my GT since mid feb 2010 so feel a bit silly as its been sub 2 months...! :oops:

So...trying to decide, should I trade up for an R (a cancelled order pre-registered) that has cloth seats (I have sat in another R with cloth and know theyre sporty etc) its manual, has 18" wheels, and no dynaudio and 310rns...its hard justifying extra cost for a 'standard' R...that I didnt spec, having specced up my GT to my choice.

but know the R will sound great and be faster and look ace and a standard R is a serious piece of kit in anycase i know!!

So thats my dilema, and see youre happy you changed up.... :yes:
Hello!

Its done 550 miles so getting run in! I just worked out the fuel consumption for that time as 34.7 mpg overall! So not bad given that I am still enjoying the power as well. In terms of spec I don't miss any of the extra bits. I don't really use the nav but its nice to have and the map looks great :clap: . The only thing I miss in the leather is the lumber support as I am getting back ache. The cloth IMO looks great though. I haven't noticed not having park sensors and because the fabric is much lighter than the black leather it seems to make it easier to see out of the back. In terms of should you buy I think yes if its the right price. I started out with a cost to swap of 14.7k for a DSG and leather in RB. I got mine for considerably less than 10k to swap! My old car had 16k miles and was 18 months old. Overall I am very pleased I changed. I have always wanted a seriously quick car and was looking at a Cayman S but this was great and more practical compromise. I have washed it 3 times in 2 weeks and it looks great with the new wax sealant. Send me a PM if you want to know more about the deal I got.
l-plate

Post by l-plate »

Hi, thanks for the reply, thats appreciated will send a PM if thats ok cheers...

ps was thinking perhaps you could get a "fixed" lumbar support professionally fitted beneath the cloth ... I know nout about it but thought mention the idea. If you fold seat forward not sure if theres access from the base.
solly
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic roof, DSG, Cruise Control, Rear parking Sensors, leather

Post by solly »

Picked up my 'R' in on the 1st April. Have not done a 100 miles yet but the car is awsome....I am trying to think of words to decsribe how much better it is than the GT and I am at a loss. All I can say is that I have a smile on my face everytime I accelerate and hear that noise even though I have not taken it above 5krpm!!! The cornering is amazing by comparison even in normal mode. I was concerned that I would not get that much more car than my GT but it is every penny well spent in my mind :-) My advice to anyone trying to decide between GT and 'R' is go for it, you will not be dissapointed.