My 1.4tsi Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
RaulKa
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

My 1.4tsi Scirocco

Post by RaulKa »

Hey everyone, new member here!
Bought myself a 2009 1.4tsi(158ps) manual couple weeks back. Car has good service history and is in a pretty good shape for being 15 years old while living in a snowy country with salt on the roads in the winter. I will be using this thread to keep track of all the mods & upgrades that will happen to the car.
IMG_9775.jpeg
IMG_9772.jpg
IMG_9766.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RaulKa
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Facelift headlights (halogen)

Post by RaulKa »

For the first upgrade, i decided to change the halogen headlights to the facelift version(halogen). The old ones were ok from the outside, but the "glass" was quite blurry and seemed like it was melted from the inside, so while changing them i went for the facelift version.
Part nr: 1K8941005Q and 1K8941005Q.
The change was pretty easy, only struggled with unplugging the connector. I'm new to VW's so idk what i was doing wrong but they just didn't come out :D . The lights fit exactly like the pre facelift ones, didn't have to modify anything and after the swap everything works and no error codes showed up so all went great and i do like the bit sharper look they have.

Only thing that doesn't work is a small 5w5 lightbulb next to the high beam, i'm guessing it is for DRL? When i plugged the connector in, i noticed the new lights have 1 more pin in the socket than my connector has, so might test it out someday to see if i could get it working, pulling a wire from drl's below shouldn't be too difficult. If anyone has any information about it or the pinout for the lights, would be much appreciated.

Before:
IMG_9753.jpg
After:
IMG_9758.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.