Tpms light not illuminated

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
roonster69
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: none

Tpms light not illuminated

Post by roonster69 »

Hi chaps .recently we noticed a tyre had gone down and no warning from Tom's? I checked on dash and no light illuminated, not even on ignition turn ? It's fitted this I know .I'm thinking maybe been coded out at some point ? Anyway to rectify this
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Tpms light not illuminated

Post by bigkris06 »

It does sound like it could be coded out for whatever reason. I do know from another member (cuprabob) that the wiring from the button is known to cause issues but I believe this stops you from being able to reset the light being on.
Maybe worth checking the wiring to the buttons anyway but other than that you need to have a look at the possibility of it being coded out.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Tpms light not illuminated

Post by Cuprabob »

It does sound as if it's been coded out if the light isn't illuminating when you switch on the ignition. The TPMS is inherent within the ABS controller and the only other part is the reset button which is directly wired into the ABS controller. If the reset button or the wiring were the issue the light would still come on. If it was the ABS controller or any of the wheel speed sensors the ABS, ESP and TPMS light would be on continually.

Some of the earlier cars, like mine, which left the factory fitted with 19" alloys had the TPMS disabled but I believe your car is a 2016 car, which means TPMS is a legal requirement.

Personally, I would get access VCDS or Carista and check it's not been disabled.