Explain why I shouldn't get this.

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
PM91
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Explain why I shouldn't get this.

Post by PM91 »

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a new exhaust on my 2.0 r-line and stumbled on this

I should add I've got an R rear diffuser on its way to support the split exhaust.

https://store.avontuning.co.uk/scorpion ... VQQAvD_BwE

Can someone explain why I shouldn't get this?
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Explain why I shouldn't get this.

Post by bigkris06 »

I can’t give you any reason why you shouldn’t!
Looks awesome lol and scorpion are a good exhaust manufacturer.
My son and I just fitted one to his M240i and it went together really well and the guy from scorpion was quite helpful.
We got ours from a company called ML Performance who seemed at the time to be quite a bit cheaper (although this was in a Black Friday sale) but it did take a while to come (around 4 weeks) but it was an Xmas gift so it wasn’t an issue as long as it was here for Xmas)
But all in all he’s happy with the look and sound and I was really happy with the fitting - it was really easy (on his BMW anyway)
PM91
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by PM91 »

If you don't mind me asking even though they are 2 different cars, did you buy their predator exhaust system with a res + silencer delete or was it just a normal cat back etc...
Just curious so I know what to expect with a res + silencer delete if it might be too much.

Also, I wanted to get a downpipe first but I'm seriously struggling to find a supplier that actually sells downpipes that will fit my very niche engine ( It's a ea888 Gen 3, engine code CUL )
finetrond
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by finetrond »

Because you will essentially pay nearly 600 bob for 7 feet of thin wall steel tube.
Do get it. Take some before and after videos and share. You might convince me to a similar one.
Collector of warning lights.
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

This is the one he got
https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/product ... 7306671263
Non resonated cat back. Which also deleted the centre pipe It keeps the original valve (has a valve in the left hand pipe exit) which keeps noise on this car down when idling or in comfort mode. It sounds nice and throaty without being to loud and overbearing and he loves it.
When you say down pipe do you mean decat / sports cat? That will also make a difference to sound as well.
He also has an older golf GTI (mk5) which has a Miltek full stainless system but this has a 200 cell sports cat, now that really sounds amazing for a 2.0 tfsi but the rrp on that one was more that the 240i!
finley129
In: Ultra Violet

Post by finley129 »

could you send link to diffuser, looking to do same