Engine identification + intake

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
PM91
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Engine identification + intake

Post by PM91 »

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the Scirocco club after picking up my new car last week.

It's a 2016 2.0 TSI R-Line DSG. ( My Engine code is CUL if that makes any difference )

My issue I'm having is identifying my engine / picking the correct intake mod kit.

I was under the impression when listing my car for compatibility on websites I was to choose the MK7 GTI (EA888 Gen 3) if the Scirocco wasn't listed but I'm getting slightly confused just looking at the engine bay of MK7's compared to mine.

If you look at my engine bay what I'm wondering is I have this extra long Turbo inlet pipe that wraps all the way behind the engine but most MK7's it's very short and enters the Turbo usually just at the top right of the engine.

What am I missing or is this just by design for Scirocco's of this age?

I should add the intake I'm looking at is the following - https://performancebyie.co.uk/collectio ... udi-8v-tsi

Am I looking at the right ones?

bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Engine identification + intake

Post by bigkris06 »

I assume by intake mod kit you are referring to an induction kit?
The CUL / EA888 engine is fitted to quite a few cars but it has different variations (so if it’s fitted to a golf the turbo is mounted differently to your scirocco)
Looking at you picture it looks more like the mk6 golf GTi layout, may be worth having a look on eBay at some and messaging the seller who can confirm one way or the other and if they say it fits but doesn’t you can send it back. Otherwise Cuprabob may be along soon and he may be able to give a bit more helpful info.
PM91
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by PM91 »

Cheers for the response mate.

I eventually found out the info I was after and found a compatible induction kit here.

Had to look at a VW Jetta/GLI which runs the same layout.

https://performancebyie.co.uk/products/ ... 2857855087
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

Perfect 👌
megatron-uk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey

Post by megatron-uk »

Just for anyone else looking, although the CUL engine has different turbo pipework routing and if going for a full induction kit you need the special one mentioned above, if just using a panel filter then it is the same as the other 2.0 models, meaning pretty much any will fit.

I fitted a reusable Ramair cotton panel filter in mine (2017, same engine code).

It's a bit of a swine to find aftermarket parts for, compared to the earlier cars.