Squeaking noise

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Peggy2612
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: No modifications

Squeaking noise

Post by Peggy2612 »

Hi,

Just recently bought a 2016 scirocco and I’ve noticed a squeaking noise when I push the accelerator pedal to the floor. It only happens when I’m accelerating.

Has anyone come across this and could it indicate a serious issue?

Thanks
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Re: Squeaking noise

Post by bigkris06 »

Sorry to sound rude but that’s a very vague description.
Do you have a rough idea of where it’s coming from? Inside / outside. This information will help us to point you in the right direction.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As Kris says more information would be very useful however, if the aqueaking is coming from the engine bay when you are accelerating then I suspect the auxiliary drive belt is slipping. Have the tension checked and make sure it's not getting damp after driving through puddles due to a missing under tray. If it is it should get worse when more electrical stuff is being used increasing the loading on the alternator. Also try switching off the A/C as the same belt drives the compressor.

If the squeaking is coming from the actual pedal then a bit of WD40 will solve that.
bigkris06
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

Excellent advice from Bob 😊
Peggy2612

Post by Peggy2612 »

Thanks so much for the replies. There’s a bit of a noise at the top end when I accelerate coming from the engine bay I believe. I’ll get the auxiliary belt checked.
Peggy2612

Post by Peggy2612 »

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice, which was correct. Got the belt changed today so hopefully no more squeaks!
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Nice to hear.
Misheck
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: .

Post by Misheck »

Am facing the same issue of squeaking sound when accelerating. So far we have changed water pump, drive belt and supercharger belt but the noise is not going away. When accelerating as soon as the super charger is about to takeover then the loud squeaking like metal friction kind of noise kicks in. My mechanic has no idea how to resolve this problem. I will really appreciate your feedback on how to resolve this problem.