Steering wheel lights, airbag error and horn issue

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Fa4
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Steering wheel lights, airbag error and horn issue

Post by Fa4 »

Hi!

I don’t suppose anyone could help me figure out what’s going on. My steering wheel lights have gone out, the horn isn’t working, and I’ve had an airbag error ping up. Slight clicking nose when I turned the wheel when reversing then the above happened.

I don’t suppose it could be a fuse? And if so would anyone know which one?

2011 MK3 1.4 TSI Thank you in advance!!
fisherthewol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Basic AF

Re: Steering wheel lights, airbag error and horn issue

Post by fisherthewol »

Here's the topic on fuses - unfortunately it seems that the attachments (diagrams etc) are deleted now. https://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum ... hp?p=67103
I think I have the fusebox diagrams on my PC, I'll try and find it tomorrow.
Given what happened my guess would be something with your clock spring - either it is damaged and you need a new one, or something has shorted inside of it and blown a fuse - either way I'd start looking at getting a new one.
fisherthewol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Basic AF

Re: Steering wheel lights, airbag error and horn issue

Post by fisherthewol »

The Horn fuse is in fusebox "B", fuse F5/SB5; 15amp. Box B appears to be in the engine bay and is the one closer to the firewall.
Airbag's control unit is fuse 3 in box "C", which is the one inside the vehicle.
Again I would immediately guess the clock spring, but worth looking at the fuses anyway. Best of luck!