Misfire

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Boshanka
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: None

Misfire

Post by Boshanka »

My 1.4 cav engined scirocco has started misfiring at idle , I have put new spark plugs in changed coil pack after switching 3and 4 to see if the problem followed , reduced spark gap to 0.7 mm which made it slightly better, compressions are all within 5% of each other (145 psi) new timing chain etc 3000 miles ago .
If I hold the rpm at 800/825 with my foot on the accelerator peddle it’s fine but if I leave it to idle after around a minute the eml light comes on solid then if I blip the throttle the eml light goes out , a scan with vcds usually shows multi cylinder misfire and number 3 cylinder misfire .
I have seen on YouTube that it’s possible to alter the idle speed using vcds but don’t know which code to use 😩, has anyone else on here had the same problem , any response would be much appreciated .
Agterbosch
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Misfire

Post by Agterbosch »

I've had the same with my caxa, did you get your intake valves carbon cleaned also? That's what turned out to be the issue for me, these direct injection engines are notorious for carbon buildup.
For me it happened as early as at 80k km
Geeba
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Re: Misfire

Post by Geeba »

Not sure on this engine - but my R has just had an injector replaced as that was causing a missfire ... but the same direct cylinder injection.