Electric folding wingmirrors

Everything about the R for potential owners.
JPR1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 2017 Scirocco R with standard spec

Electric folding wingmirrors

Post by JPR1 »

Hello,I have just bought a lovely 2017 petrol auto Scirocco R to replace my previous 2014 Scirocco.It has the usual high spec but does not have electric or auto folding wingmirrors which my more basic Scirocco had.The adjustment knob doesn’t have a symbol for auto folding and the key fob doesn’t seem to operate them either.There are so many other features that are standard it seems a bit odd that I have to manually fold the wingmirrors.Also,the wingmirrors do seem to defrost,but the wingmirror adjustment knob skips past the heating element sign on the knob.Can anyone advise please as I don’t want to mess up any electrics by repeatedly manually folding the wingmirrors.
Thanks
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Electric folding wingmirrors

Post by Cuprabob »

Electric folding mirrors (including puddle lights) were a cost option on the Scirocco therefore it sounds as if your previous Scirocco had them specced whereas you new one doesn’t. I'm sure that was still the case with the face-lift R.
The mirror adjustment knob does rotate through the heating setting. Even if the knob is left on the heating position the heating elements in the mirrors only remain on for a short period of time.
Supermike
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by Supermike »

I hope you didn't buy it from a VW dealer in Aberdeen....
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Just incase you're not aware of what Supermike is referring to
https://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=28880
Supermike
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by Supermike »

Cuprabob wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:21 pm Just incase you're not aware of what Supermike is referring to
https://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=28880
Good shout linking that in, I should of done that!
JPR1
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: 2017 Scirocco R with standard spec

Post by JPR1 »

Gents,thanks for the replies and the heads up about the Aberdeen dealer.I had a round trip of 600 miles to collect mine but fortunately it was in the opposite direction.