Scirocco

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Sciroccoblue
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Facelift r line scirocco in rising blue. Running a 2.0tdi 184bhp coupled with the 6speed DSG box. Optional extras are, dynaudio, panoramic sun roof, discover media, colour dash,

Scirocco

Post by Sciroccoblue »

Scirocco
Last edited by Sciroccoblue on Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scruffy_
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: RNS510, Kufatec Bluetooth Prep, Cruise, Parking Sensors, few interior mods.

Re: Scirocco air bags did not deploy.

Post by scruffy_ »

Ouch, hope you and anyone else involved are OK matey. Guess the sensors at the front didn't get triggered, front end damage doesn't look *too* severe. Did it roll on to it's roof cornering?
2010 TDI 140 Rising Blue - For Sale
Sciroccoblue
Options: Facelift r line scirocco in rising blue. Running a 2.0tdi 184bhp coupled with the 6speed DSG box. Optional extras are, dynaudio, panoramic sun roof, discover media, colour dash,

Post by Sciroccoblue »

Yes luckily it was on country roads coming home from work so no one else involved. Yes it was coming round a corner went in a bit to quick and drifted into the grass verge which started it all of. The. The rear drifted three times felt the car trying to bring it back kept snatching the wheel of me. Can’t remember much after that. Yes I though that may be the case. Dosnt it actually have to smash the sensor to set it off.
JUNKMAN
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: Leather,Pan roof,Dynaudio,Winter pack,Black badges,H&R Springs,Revo panel filter,R8 Coils,BCS downpipe

Post by JUNKMAN »

Wow! If your going to do it do it proper

Glad to hear your ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scruffy_
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: RNS510, Kufatec Bluetooth Prep, Cruise, Parking Sensors, few interior mods.

Post by scruffy_ »

Phew, still not a nice thing to happen and in a fairly remote and inhospitable place too. All OK with you, no major injuries? If not I assume that the airbag system was working as intended. There is likely 2 sensors up front, and 1 in each door/side for side impacts. Looks like the glass on the sides are intact, so that would just leave the front. Save from losing the bumper it doesn't look like there was an impact per se (like a head on collision) so that may explain it.

Found this video that explains the sensor inner workings: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2010 TDI 140 Rising Blue - For Sale
Sciroccoblue

Post by Sciroccoblue »

Yes that’s is interesting. I guess if there is no need for the airbags to go off it’s pointless. I mean I have come out of it absolutely unharmed just a few bruises from the seat belt pulling me in to my chair! So I guess the airbags were not needed in this case.
Adamg
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by Adamg »

If you have no injuries then the airbag system is well tuned as it determined the bags were unnecessary for the severity of the crash. If they deploy unnecessarily it just creates more damage and bigger insurance bills.

I can see why you asked the question from the state of your motor. That's brutal.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk