Unsolved Misfire Issue - 1.4tsi

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
arnu
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Highline

Unsolved Misfire Issue - 1.4tsi

Post by arnu »

Hey peeps,

I'm new to this forum. Looking for some advice / opinions.
Bought my first Scirocco 1.4 last year, despite all the issues I've had with it, I still love it.

So, here's what I'm dealing with at the moment;

I picked up a misfire (p0301) Misfire Cylinder 1, this occurs only at idle. It also started making a rattle noise on cold start.
The Cel light flashes if it's idling for a while

I've done the following;
- New plugs
- New ignition coils
- Had the injectors cleaned
- Took the head off, sent it off for carbon cleaning, had the valves test, everything tested perfect.
- New timing chain and tensioners
- New oil and filters

Does anyone have suggestions what I can check next? Can this be the PCV / Engine Breather Valve?

Please let me know, really want to get this issue sorted.

Cheers
vladandrei51
In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Re: Unsolved Misfire Issue - 1.4tsi

Post by vladandrei51 »

Compression tests? Fit in the revised injectors / pistons before you need a new motor.
arnu

Post by arnu »

@vladandrei51 Compression test 100%
I have fitted the cleaned injectors, still misfiring on idle
yoshi1996

Post by yoshi1996 »

I have exacte te same issue with my 2009 1.4

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk
tonymontana
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Big MPH digital speedo VCDS Tweak
RNS 510 with VCDS adaptation to get navigation showing on the instrument cluster
Various VCDS tweaks
More planned

Post by tonymontana »

Hi has the fuel pump pressure been tested? Also there is a valve at the back of the engine at top, round metal cylinder with a hex on the back of it, seals can fail between this and the cylinder head. Look at a guy called diagnose dan on YouTube he is very informative and a great resource of information, im sure he has covered the 1.4 tsi in his videos. Good luck let me know how you get on. Has the timing been rechecked since the chain has been fitted?
arnu

Post by arnu »

tonymontana wrote:Hi has the fuel pump pressure been tested? Also there is a valve at the back of the engine at top, round metal cylinder with a hex on the back of it, seals can fail between this and the cylinder head. Look at a guy called diagnose dan on YouTube he is very informative and a great resource of information, im sure he has covered the 1.4 tsi in his videos. Good luck let me know how you get on. Has the timing been rechecked since the chain has been fitted?
Hey @tonymontana,

The fuel pump was replaced end of last year.
The timing was checked, and it's spot on.
I will definitely check out that youtube channel.

I spoke to guy yesterday that mentioned that it might also be a vacuum leak, and that I must check the 'crank breather hose/valve' on top of the valve cover.
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

Fuel filter changed? Mine was full of rubbish on the 2.0ltr
arnu

Post by arnu »

a4gee wrote:Fuel filter changed? Mine was full of rubbish on the 2.0ltr
Hi, no haven’t changed that yet. Did you have a misfire due to the dirty filter?
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I had a hesitation usually around a steady 30mph and at 70mph and lumpy cold start up.
Lumpy start up is still there but the hesitation seems to have sorted itself out. I still think there's a lot of factors to this problem and no one seems to know for sure what it is. (or they aren`t coming back on here to tell us lol)
arnu

Post by arnu »

a4gee wrote:I had a hesitation usually around a steady 30mph and at 70mph and lumpy cold start up.
Lumpy start up is still there but the hesitation seems to have sorted itself out. I still think there's a lot of factors to this problem and no one seems to know for sure what it is. (or they aren`t coming back on here to tell us lol)
Yea I've asked a lot of people and did a lot of tests and troubleshooting, non the less issue is still ongoing. One thing I still havent done yet is to replace the breather hose/vent on the valve cover.
Sciroccop19
In: Deep Black
Options: Not much at all

Post by Sciroccop19 »

I have a similar issue but I haven't gone to the part where I check the injectors or anything yet and I wondered if anyone can help.

I have changed the coils to new bosch ones
New NGK plugs
Have run redex through it today and it stall at a traffic light and I had to call green flag to jump it and when the battery was jumped and it started the idle was jumping so much that it cut out.

Ended up towed home and now it's sitting outside.

If I take out the injectors will I need to get a tool to put the seals back on or should I take it to a garage also. Does anyone have a part number for the injectors.

I have a caxa engine. 1.4tsi petrol manual 122bhp 2011 black rocco