Doors wont unlock.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

Doors wont unlock.

Postby Zanic L3 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Okay so I parked my car at a spot where I parked it a lot of times before when I go for a run in a local forest. I came back to the car, unlocked it, put my phone and sweater into it, locked it back to go for a stretch. After my stretch I went back to the car and I pressed unlock and nothing happened, pressing the lock or unlock button or the boot button didn't do anything either. There was the red flash signal when I pressed on any of the buttons of the keyfob so the battery was not empty. Ive tried pressing the buttons on the keyfob like 50x times from different angles and distances

I was baffled by what just happened. I was not able to call anyone as my phone was locked in the car, luckily I knew there was a keyhole at the driver side, I unlocked it with that and drove home. Locked it at home and it just worked again even today it just works fine and I haven't switched keyfobs (like a week later).

How come? This is the first time that I've had this happen, also I was parked in a spot where Ive parked a shitton of times.

2009 2.0 TSI
Zanic L3

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: MILTEK NON-RES CAT BACK!

Re: Doors wont unlock.

Postby Zanic L3 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Can this be because the battery is about to die or what? But I've not noticed anything else wrong with it, I drive the car every day or so for minimum an hour
Zanic L3

Postby Cuprabob » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Happened to me once, I was trying to get into the wrong car :)

My guess is some sort of radio interference at the time, despite you saying you have parked in the same spot many times previously without issue.
Cuprabob

I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Postby Zanic L3 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Cuprabob wrote:Happened to me once, I was trying to get into the wrong car :)

My guess is some sort of radio interference at the time, despite you saying you have parked in the same spot many times previously without issue.

Yeah! And there was no one around me, no cars, I was all alone. It's in the middle of a forest. Very strange... There are also no radio towers or anything near it
Zanic L3

Return to General Scirocco Talk