CAVD 1.4 Tsi problems

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

CAVD 1.4 Tsi problems

Postby amerabi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi, i own a scirocco with a 1.4 Tsi CAVD engine.
It has run smooth since the day I bought it and I haven't noticed that the engine uses more oil than normal. But I wanted to do some preventative maintenance to the engine. What are your recommendations on what i should change on it to make it run as long as possible?
amerabi

I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Eibach lowering springs, Litec dynamic taillight and bumperlights, Pioneer DAB+ radio

Re: CAVD 1.4 Tsi problems

Postby vladandrei51 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:38 am

You can check my showroom thread for everything I've done to my car.

It includes all the preventive maintenance I could do based on my (extensive) search and my $0.02 on every single part mostly.

+ performance mods if you're into it :)
vladandrei51

In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Postby amerabi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:36 am

I see that you have done a revised timingchain on your engine and i wanted to to one to my car. How can i do it? Can i just go to a VW dealership and have them do it?
Im afraid that they will put a normal timingchain and accessories like the ones that came from factory and failed in most cars.
amerabi

Options: Eibach lowering springs, Litec dynamic taillight and bumperlights, Pioneer DAB+ radio

Postby vladandrei51 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 am

I really doubt that they will put in outdated part numbers.

I bought the parts individually based on the part number (just to be extra safe it's the latest, but the guy from the store said I couldn't buy old parts even if I wanted to) and took the car to my mechanic, I would assume the dealership would charge you at least twice just for the labor :(

If you opt to take it to the dealership and have they buy/install the parts for you just insist that you want to have the tensioner/belt installed with the part number of [whatever is the latest code for those].

Keep in mind there's also a repair kit for the timing chain that might potentially be cheaper and includes also the camshaft adjuster
vladandrei51

In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Postby amerabi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Im going on holiday to my home country in southern Europe and the labour is not that expensive there. The reason im going to a VW dealership is beacuse they know the engines much better than other mechanics there (and also im getting a warranty for the job). I dont know how to do those repairs myself so i have to trust other people that they will put the new and updated parts in my car.

I tired finding a list with the new and improved parts for my engine on google but i could not find any specific.
Could you send a list or something so i can compare the parts you have in your car to the parts VW is going to put in mine?
amerabi

Return to General Scirocco Talk