xenon bulb upgrade

Everything about the R for potential owners.

xenon bulb upgrade

Postby Ben193 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:37 am

Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
User avatar
Ben193
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:53 pm
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby Cblair92 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Ben193 wrote:Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
The best option is to upgrade to BI led lights if you just put xenon bulbs in a standard housing it just blinds people coming the other way but can be quiet expensive I've tried all over the UK for someone to do the job but cant find anyone

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Cblair92
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:12 pm
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: None

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby Cuprabob » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Cblair92 wrote:
Ben193 wrote:Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
The best option is to upgrade to BI led lights if you just put xenon bulbs in a standard housing it just blinds people coming the other way but can be quiet expensive I've tried all over the UK for someone to do the job but cant find anyone

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


He's talking about replacing the OEM D1S bulb with another D1S bulb, not replacing a halogen bulb with Xenon bulb.

OP- if you go to a higher Kelvin value, the likelihood is that it will actually have less light output, so take that into consideration.
Cuprabob
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: S/W Scotland
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby Cblair92 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Cuprabob wrote:
Cblair92 wrote:
Ben193 wrote:Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
The best option is to upgrade to BI led lights if you just put xenon bulbs in a standard housing it just blinds people coming the other way but can be quiet expensive I've tried all over the UK for someone to do the job but cant find anyone

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


He's talking about replacing the OEM D1S bulb with another D1S bulb, not replacing a halogen bulb with Xenon bulb.

OP- if you go to a higher Kelvin value, the likelihood is that it will actually have less light output, so take that into consideration.
I see my bad ignore me I have no relevance to this conversation anymore lol


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Cblair92
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:12 pm
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: None

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby 3t3p » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Osram cool blue intense is what you want

Perfect white like those other cars you have seen and no chav/dazzling blue
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby Ben193 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

I have read good things about the osram cool blue i think thats the best way to go. :)
User avatar
Ben193
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:53 pm
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Postby 3t3p » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:20 am

You made the right choice. I would buy from a big website rather than ebay or even amazon plenty of fakes knocking about.
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads


Return to Scirocco R Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests