PS4S Tyres

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Ben193
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

PS4S Tyres

Post by Ben193 »

Just ordered a set of PS4S All around, Currently on bridge-stone potenza and these have not been the best tyres for me, They do not give me any confidence in the wet either of the line or cornering. Of the line in i am still getting wheel spin into 3rd gear up to 4k rpm and the tyres are only 10 months old with 6k miles on them. After speaking to a few people and doing some research i am told the best option that will give best of both worlds is the PS4S. New tyres are due to be fitted on Friday. :) Anyone with an R currently running PS4S and did you feel a big difference from previous tyres.
kentech
In: Rising Blue

Re: PS4S Tyres

Post by kentech »

Yes, got them last year for my R. Previously had the original Pirelli P Zero's on the R, and have run many other tyres on similar cars (Golf mk5, mk6 and Scirocco TDI). The PS4S is an amazing tyre, and the difference to the Pirellis is big. So much more grip and feel. The only negatives are slightly higher consumtion, and they could be a bit more quiet. But that I already knew before I got them so it was a compromise I was willing to make.
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

I am really hoping it transforms the driving experience. Was begging to think its just the character of the car with it being FWD with that type of power. Cant wait to be able to pull of the line and have traction. Current bridge-stone potenza are so loud when on different motorway surfaces so will let you know how these compare was Rocco has its new boots.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I'm running PS4S tyres on the front of my 170 Tdi and they are brilliant in all conditions. Previously had the factory fit P Zeros and they weren't bad but the Michelin's are noticeably better.
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Great to hear, Can not wait to get them on now. :)
3t3p
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

I find them amazing and quiet too. Maybe ever so slight tramlining sometimes but nothing major and might just be tripping out.

on a stock R, manual, in the dry I could not break traction in 1st or 2nd.

Stage one can break traction but it puts down a lot of it very good tyre
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

They really are amazing, Feels like a complete different car now, The way it can not take corners just fills you with confidence. I have struggled breaking traction in my DSG R, Apart from did a launch control on Saturday and probably lost a few mil on the new tires. I just don't understand how the launch control is classed as a good thing, Spins the tires way to much.
stono
Options: Recaro seats, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Car-Net, Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by stono »

I have them on mine (stage 2+ 350bhp) and get very minimal traction issues. They're pretty great
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

How about when you try a launch control?? lol
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

How much are they?

Ive got federal 595 semi slicks on which im happy with for the money.

Everyone I know who uses PS4s have no complaints
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

I paid £169.00 per corner through black circles. Best price around at the time of ordering. They are amazing in the rain as i found out yesterday just got to modulate the throttle and you end up with 100% traction even in the worst kind of rain.