TDI 174 Fuel Consumption...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

TDI 174 Fuel Consumption...

Postby lewisheywood » Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 pm

So from a full tank (£80) of V-Power diesel (£1.40 per litre) I am finding that I will get around 450 miles. This seems really low to me for mixed driving. Yes I put my foot down quite often but this is pretty much 35MPG. I struggle to get more than 500 miles to a tank if I'm driving efficiently.

MFD displays long term average at 40MPG

What are others getting from their TDI?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
lewisheywood

I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: TDI 174 Fuel Consumption...

Postby Cuprabob » Tue May 29, 2018 11:18 am

I've got the older 170 diesel, and really struggle to get less than 50mpg. Long term average is around 55mpg although it drops a bit in the colder months. Also, I just use bog standard diesel from Sainsburys.

I'm pretty sure some owners have noted reduced economy after the emissions update, which I know your car had and mine doesn't.
Cuprabob

I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Postby Deagol » Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Agreed Bob, 110,000 m on my TDi and averaging MFD readout between 55 and 60 on the ten mile commute. In this weather, high 60s. True MPG is closer to 50/55 though.

Motorway driving is a bit less.

Not had the emissions update either and on the basis of advice and experience from members like Bob, I don't intend to.

Best advice to Lewishey is to moan at VW and gather evidence from other forum members.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Deagol

I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Postby lewisheywood » Wed May 30, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Definitely heard that before in regards to the emissions update, perhaps that explains why people are seeing a very noticeable difference in fuel consumption when remapping these cars, as the emmisions update is supposedly removed when doing so.

I am going to try to be as efficient as possible from when I next fill up. I'll report back the kind of numbers I get. Tried in the past but the temptation is too great to put my foot down now and then

Lewis

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
lewisheywood

I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Return to General Scirocco Talk