Retro fit folding mirrors?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Rico2008

Retro fit folding mirrors?

Post by Rico2008 »

Hi all,
First post after visiting here for a while!

My Scirocco's been built quicker than I anticipated, and I missed the opportunity to add folding mirrors to the build! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if folding mirrors can be retrofited?

Cheers
Got It! - You will not be disappointed...!
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Retro fit folding mirrors?

Post by rehmondo »

Far as I know No.

My local dealers were trying to sell me their demo, it didn't have the mirrors or parking, but they said the parking they could retro fit but not the mirrors.
Rico2008

Post by Rico2008 »

I've noticed on eBay and other sites that replacement mk5 Golf folding mirrors are available - so I would think, even if not immediately, scirocco replacements would be available.

I assume the mechanism is self contained in the mirror unit so replacing the standard mirrors is just a straight swap (not with golf mirrors, obviously!)

Its not a big deal not having them, its just a shame full info about these options (ie, they had 'puddle' lights built-in) wasn't available at the beginning and we had to wait for someone to actually get them to see what was included.

Mad really, if the full details about the options was on the VW website they'd probably sell more options :rolleyes:
Got It! - You will not be disappointed...!
BadBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

retro fit folding mirrors

Post by BadBoy »

I know it can't be done easily, but I found this?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-foru ... a4-a8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Anything can be added thats OEM "available from factory" if you chuck enough money time and experience at it lol, trouble is you will need complete mirror assemblies, possibly new controllers and programming , maybe even cabling
kianok
In: Deep Black
Options: C 320 CDi

Post by kianok »

I have seen this done somewhere. Think the cost was in th region of 600 quid plus a boat load of hassle!

Not worth the time or the agro since IMO.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

kianok wrote:Not worth the time or the agro since IMO.
hear hear, unless you have the skills & knowledge to do it yourself I wouldn't like top consider the eye watering price someone could charge you to do it

S