Salvage scirocco

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
gary8ynwa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Getting repaired

Salvage scirocco

Post by gary8ynwa »

Hi only second post very new to this sorta thing but have found there is some great members on here and alot of helpful stuff.

I am your typical skint student but with a love for cars bad mix i know.

I have recently purchased a scirocco of copart 2012 2.0 TDI with 50,000 miles with quite abit of pannel damage, still waiting for it to arrive and excited is an understatement :vibes: i love a challenge and too fix it up and do my own modifications.

Was thinking as starting a thread or continue on with this one about the progress i will be making with it which will be slow but may help some people to show you can get a scirocco on a budget and make it into a gem and also help me with any recommendations as use are the experts :)

Any interest please let me know.
Technane
In: Deep Black

Re: Salvage scirocco

Post by Technane »

My Roc is heading to Copart as it happens. be interested to know what damage there is to the car and what you plan to do to it,
Harry_VW
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

Post by Harry_VW »

Sounds good, looking forward to following your build!
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Good luck!
Here you have some useful documents for the bodywork, interior and electrical system etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... urFaa?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Thanks great to hear and thanks for the documents. Just got word that it has arrived will be collecting it tomorrow and will upload photos all feedback and recommendations welcome.
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Opinions and thoughts need new back quarter panel door wing and front bumper.

Question will i be able to fit the new facelift bumper on to it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Technane

Post by Technane »

Would also wonder on how the door frame is? looking at that the does doesnt look like it would shut so the frame itself might have taken an impact? or been damaged when getting the driver out.
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Thought that myself and i know hard to tell with photo but often with panels looks worse than it is.

And luckily the structure of the car is fine not twisted and bodywork shop i know going to cut out back panel and sill and weld in a new one, big job i thought but the guys work is fantastic leaves it like new.
Technane

Post by Technane »

That's cool, I was wondering how they were going to do the rear quarter.
Good luck, mine they said the front part of the chassis was bent but who knows? It looked bloody straight when i popped the bonnet and shone a torch down there.
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Thanks i thinks it just the easy option for insurance companies throw it to an auction.

The dealer that helped me out and showed me Copart is making a killing at it.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

http://forum.vw-passat.fr/viewtopic.php ... 91&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Just an update trying to keep thread going for anyone interested. The rocco is currently in workshop getting new quarter panel and door fitted managed to find white one at breakers. I also have the new facelift R bumper ordered and have different aftermarket lights ordered. If interested let me know and ill be sure to update with photos of progress Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Addymk2
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Addymk2 »

Sterling effort this. I've generally found body work to be expensive, fitting the door/wing/bumpers is an easy DIY but welding in a new rear quarter can't be cheap!
Harry_VW
Options: Heated leather, navigation, panoramic roof, 19" lugano, pearlescent black.

Post by Harry_VW »

Yes, very interested keep the photos coming
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Addymk2 wrote:Sterling effort this. I've generally found body work to be expensive, fitting the door/wing/bumpers is an easy DIY but welding in a new rear quarter can't be cheap!
Thanks and I thought the same but the man doing it is brilliant and his work, honestly you just would never know it has been touched.

As for the price this will be a cheap rocco when its finished although my mods will be the most expensive.

That quarter panel and a good as new door cost me 400 and it will cost i think between 400-500 to fit.

I also think you appreciate a car a lot more when you put time and money into it.
gary8ynwa

Salvage scirocco

Post by gary8ynwa »

Some new parts arrived.

First is the headlights which are quite different and looking forward to trying out.

Then also the facelift R bumper came off 2016 R and got from breakers yard seem very hard to come by. Not the best nick by any means but will be getting new grill and paint job.

I have still not properly been able to drive the rocco yet and as impatient as i am it is killing me lol dying to get her on the road.

ImageImage

houghton1873
Options: Leather seats, Sat Nav, Heated seats Sunroof

Post by houghton1873 »

Good work so far, nice to see threads like this and keep an eye on your hard work....nice one!!!!
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Bit of an update i am going to sell the facelift bumper which was a very hard decision for me to make as the whole facelift kit was going to work out to be a lot more money.

It was sort of out of impulse but i have purchased the entire pre facelift R kit which includes the R exhaust. It was his last one and got it for £800 delivered which i thought was a good price.

Personally gutted wont have facelift but i still like pre facelift and i think will work out cheaper.

Do you think i made the right decision?ImageImage

Harry_VW

Post by Harry_VW »

Pre facelift R looks better anyways!
gary8ynwa

Post by gary8ynwa »

Further development new rear quarter has been fitted along with the door and wing still looks far from pretty but this is a good chunk of the work done just get few things fitted and resprayed and will hopefully look good the money very quickly starts to stack up.ImageImage